When did you really join?

teddytoot

Ancient Trainzer
If you have been a member of the community since before the Great Forum Crash you will know that the Forum gives that you joined in November 2006. Perhaps many of you already know this, but if you are a DLS contributor then clicking on your name in an entry will bring up the old style entry complete with your actual joining date (mine is actually 4th August 2001). Both displays of your Profile obviously come from the same database as entering my 2010 number in the DLS version meant it showed up in the Forum version. Why the DLS version shows date of joining whereas the Forum one does not, I know not why.

Another piece of useless trivial information from

yeah. For me it was ..... 5th of August 2001. I do remember lurking for a few months before that though.....

Regards

10th February '04 for me. I seem to remember getting '04 in the Autumn of '03 (just before SP2 came out). I didn't even notice the forum for months...

Paul

Truth

Mine still says Nov 06 there, but I lost my N-gage layout in the house fire of 01, so it has to be 02 that I bought Trainz. I do remember it was over a year before Auran could produce me with a registration to the forums, but that still would be late in 2003 at least! I was with 04 before SP2 also.
I see it now as 24 May 2005, so as I say, was a year back that I got into trainz.

Last edited:
Whenever the original forum opened. I was following the web site for months before that. In those days we had a few people that had built entire routes even before Trainz went Beta. :eek: it's a shame the forum was lost.

I joined on the 15th of September, 2002. On the previous Christmas, I received a copy of MSTS, and, later on in 2002, I bought a copy of Auran’s MSTS Regional Add-on Pack from a local computer store. It included 19 diesel locos, and after loading the pack, I decided to check out Auran.com to see if they had any steam locos, and that’s when I discovered “Trainz”.

I ordered it online and never went back to MSTS. With the exception of TC 1&2, I’ve purchased every copy of Trainz since then, and I’m waiting for TS2010 to arrive in the mail any day now.

Today, I’m still just as impressed with Trainz as I was with my first copy.

Regards, Joe

Eight years and counting. All together now "... those were the days my friend ..." :wave:

One thing that was different then was our collective innocence. Just having something move on our screen was a wonder to behold. And like model railroaders who don't see the edges of their tables, we didn't see the gaps in our maps. Reality was mostly in our imaginations. :hehe:

August 19, 2003 officially. But I actually purchased the original Trainz when it first came out, very shortly after MSTS as I recall. I was not impressed with the original Trainz and its built-in routes and I didn't like the GUI so I stuck it on a shelf and forgot about it until a period when I was really bored in August of 2003, at which point I decided to see what this Surveyor stuff was all about. That was when I got hooked and registered the game for the first time.

December 2003 for me. Wife gave me TRS2004 as a 'Stocking Filler' for Christmas, "To keep me out of mischief" she said. Well it's done that alright. :hehe:
Regards Bruce

I got the game in 2001, but joined in 2002 of Jan ... :wave:

I missed the old forum -- just so much info in those forums!!:'(

Started using gmax in 2003, I think LOL :D

Ish:)

March 2002, although I lurked for a while and from memory it was 2003 before I first posted. Its good to see some of the old names returning from time to time.

Phil

I know I originally joined sometime after TheCowboy first put the 1522 on the DLS but before TRS2004 came out.

Got TRS2006 on Christmas 2008...however, I have had Driver Edition when it came out, I just couldn't play it because of computer specs, and I still can't!

I was introduced to TRS2006 when my friend bought it when it came out. After that, I go a newer one that works with Vista and has SP1 pre-installed. The next year, I joined the forums.

Cheers,
Joshua

Back