Routes with all built-in content, no DLS or other stuff

Interesting comments. I also agree that there should also be more routes/sessions whatever that are provided by members that include everything. I learned that lesson with the original Clear Lake project which is one of the reasons I am creating everything myself for the new Clear Lake versions. Different story though.

For the rivet counters, yes the included content in many areas leave something to be desired. However as it has been mentioned, if you don't like it replace it or make your own. The call for ABI routes is to make it easier for Joe Trainz to enjoy sessions and routes without having to waste time. There are plenty of protypical routes and content out there to satisfy the rivet counters already.

When I first started with UTC back in 2002, I had no idea how to make or do anything. (still don't) But I did figure out in real short order how to drive a train around and come up with mock operating sessions and switchlists using the built-in content. I spent several late nights just playing Trainz and guess what - it was FUN. Didn't know what the download station was and didn't care because I was having too much FUN. This is all I'm asking for with ABI routes, to rekindle some of that fun simply through general interest in operating a railroad - regardless of what it looks like or if it is prototypical or not. When I want the "serious" stuff I'll look for that elsewhere, that is not what this thread is after.

Last edited:
I agree. For the newbies, the sheer amazing Trainz itself is very facinating. Once we start moving from the "newbie" state into the "experienced" state, however, I suppose we start seeing the difference between prototypical content and not-too-prototypical content (like most of Auran's built-in content). ;)

I am getting the idea that what you are asking for is layouts that focus on the enjoyment of operating the railway, and that contain nothing but built-in content , instead of having a lot of prototypical scenery. ;)

Regards.

Last edited:
Put some quality content into these releases and you would see more only built in only routes.
Fact is it's to hard to ignore the quality third party assets. 09 is my latest and I'm still stuck with content in it that is how old now? Still choosing from 2004 content that is inefficient by the released program's standards.
That's the rub of Trainz. Quality content built in is always a generation behind the release you buy. How do you release a version packed full of obsolete content by the programs own standards.
Even speedtree groups are hidden because they affect frame rates so much.
Catch 22. New content is only available after the release to see what the new standards are.
To many years relying on third party content to be given for free. A lot of fun buying a new version only to have 2004 assets available or inefficient speetrees to choose from. Another run of City and Country anyone.

Last edited:
I don't know if you are still looking but my one and only upload should have all built-in assets on 2010EE (It's very basic)

Last edited:
By my way off thinking, a route/layout using only built in (comes with Trainz) content is just that, a route/layout. No rolling stock or sessions. You may use any rolling stock (built in, DLS, third party freeware or payware you want.
Also on my "built in only" layouts I may use some non built in stuff that will not be missed if you don't get it, such as automobiles, dogs, people and such.
On one layout I used a 3rd party station but placed it over a smaller built in station.
If my routes/layouts report missing content, use the delete missing content function (or not) and you will still have a complete route/layout.

Back