Trainz: A New Era Pre-Orders Have Now Arrived! - Visit our Information Page to find out more.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Routes with all built-in content, no DLS or other stuff

Hi Johnk

I have read your response and sent the details to you. I have sent the details from a secondary account because I can't attach anything to my main account. Oh, and do I need to tell you my site URL again? (I forgot to in the e-mail) It's www.beezersprocket.dnsalias.com/index-13.htm.

Thanks,
    trainut
    Last edited by trainut; December 1st, 2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: I don't want spam, do I?

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link to the Cumberland route.

BTW, there is an upgraded version the AEOTOLA route or however you spell it, by Dylanviey at USLW.net

United States of America, NY, Staten Island

trainut, you may want to remove the email address from your post to avoid spam, I'm sure John knows them anyway.

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Quote Originally Posted by Johnk View Post
    People are desperate for information about routes. My site has almost 1,000 pages, but more people look at the three routes displayed there than anything else on the other 997 pages. Last month alone over 300 people looked at the Cumberland listing and most of those would have downloaded the route.
    John, you’re absolutely right. Since listing the Cumberland to Connellsville route with the Trainz Resources Directory, its downloads at the Trainz Pro Routes download site have really shot up.

In fact, over the weekend, the route moved into their Top Ten Downloads list. When you spend a lot of time creating an asset, you get a lot of satisfaction sharing it with as many Trainzers as possible, and so, good exposure is essential.

I’ve been working on another large route for almost two years. (Western Maryland Thomas Sub) It is similar to the Cumberland to Connellsville in construction. I hope to have it completed sometimes next spring, and with the exception of the Protolars Industries(available at TPR), the dependencies will be 100% DLS.

Regards, Joe

Hi Joe, You did it in October and Novemer. here's the stats for November to prove it if anyone is doubtful. Every other route listed on my site is in the top six:

And how many of those routes use only built in content?
    Dell XPS8000, i5-750cpu, Win7-64, 6G RAM, Asus GTX550-Ti, HD 640G

SuperFud, if you're referring to my stat post - no guarantees at all!

Default still interested?

Not many routes listed in this thread. There is a lot of potential for built-in only content routes for 2006 and beyond. If you know of any keep listing them here, thanks.

Niles Hinton and Winchester 06

Niles & Hinton RR

Gorre & Daphetid Line

Mangonia RR ver 1-1

Elko and Lincoln TRS

Try these, on the DLS, by me. I intended them to use only built in stuff but I slipped up a little. Ignore the missing content notices. You won't notice anything missing. Most of it is rolling stock. All work well in TS2009.

slugsmasher, the most routes I know of using Builtin content, you have to go way back on DLS to find. Usually the routes from early 2004 and older. Some of these have to be installed in TRS2004 and resaved for the files to be done properly. Not sure if TRS2006 or Classics can read the older format.
    Of course you may need to change the content since TRS2006 and later have additional Builtins.
    A few here too: http://www.outlimz.com/trainz.html

I'am reuctant to "Blow my own trumpet", but I will regardless.

A few of my routes use only built-in content. No downloading required, (apart from the routes themselves)

Having said that, I now believe that the quality of my earlier routes aren't up to the same standard that the routes are that I build today.

If you haven't checked it out yet. Download
    Liverpool2003AMRA - (Kuid KUID2: 1970:3510004:2) USA themed

Sandy River to Bongo Creek 2007RBC - (KUID: 1970:1015) Aussie Themed
    Does require a few downloaded items, but the items are pretty standard.

My other routes are built for trainz versions prior to TRS2004, but they all use only built in content.

Regards

Available Now. Kuid: 1970:100056

I tried "Canyon City" from http://www.outlimz.com/trainz.html .
    Of coarse it worked OK in TRS2004. Also worked OK in TRS2006. In TS2009 however much was missing. Very strange!
    My TRS2004 and 06 instalations are built in stuff only. So is my TS2009 instalation. TS2009 probably has all the built in stuff from TRS2006 so why is so much missing?? Basic things like the standard switch levers. There was no signaling or trees. Very few buildings. All textures, track, bridges and roads were OK.
    The two built in turntable/ round houses only had the track.
    My TRS2004 and TRS2006 built in stuff only layouts worked fine in my TS2009.

http://www.virtualrailroader.com/

Pretty much all the routes here have built in content only I believe. I lost a long, bad and snowy weekend to the Bear Paw Lumber Co. once.

Dave.....
    Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity...

Folks, I know talk is cheap, but once again I must tell you that of the 1,000 plus listings on the Trainz Resources Directory, the Routes category with a mere 3 routes listed, is the most viewed section of the entire site. The web sites for the routes that are listed also receive more hits that all the other listings combined. So what does that tell you? Well it tells me that people are desperate for new routes, whether they contain stock assets (preferred) or not.

if you've created a route, please PM me and share it with thousands of other Trainzers. Please, please forget these forums. Within two months most threads are lost, and after a year they're lost forever. Please promote your route and promote yourself. I can't do any more than I'm already doing, but I just can't understand why you're all prepared to duscusss, but not so prepared to share.

All three routes are are in the most viewed pages on the TRD consistently.

it's a wonderful resource, but it's totally wasted without your support.

SuperFudd,
    There was a topic about that but I cannot find it now. Basically, any route where the files use UTC or older format has problems in TS2009 and later, something to do with the file formats, apprently these changed with TRS2004. If you take the route in TRS2004, TRS2006 or Classics and save it again, it will save with your KUID then bring that into TS2009 and all missing items show up.
    Lots of older routes get this in TS2009, clearly it and I figure TS2010 don't like the older route files.