Routes with all built-in content, no DLS or other stuff

slugsmasher

US Narrow Gauge kuid86661
Is there a list somewhere of custom routes (other than built-in of course) that have nothing but built-in content and nothing else DLS or otherwise? I can find very few on the DLS.

Here is one example:
Timesaver Plus
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]92610:100001

The original Razorback was an excellent example (now removed from the DLS). I'm sure there are several out there made with all the great stuff that came with TRS2006.

Share what you know here with kuid references.

It would be nice if the DLS could be searched for items that have no other dependencies attached.

[/FONT]

Last edited:
There was a list started some time ago, by Lance ___. I'll search for it.
It was started by Alan Yeomans 23 april 2007, and my mistake all items can be found on the DLS although there are some routes listed that are all built in.

Last edited:
Edit --

Sorry, I misread the original post. As far as I'm aware, only Timesaver and one other route from trainzone have all built-in dependencies. But there might also be others that I'm not aware of.

_____

Search the Download Station for routes with "philskene" as the author.

See also, for example, here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=44252&highlight=downtown

and here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=41109&highlight=harbor

and here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=34940&highlight=industrail

and here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=23892&highlight=ogden

All the dependencies for these routes are on the DLS. They also use a similar tool kit of dependencies, so once you have one of them you have most of the dependencies needed by the others.

Phil

Last edited:
All of my layouts use only built in content.
They are to be layout only. No rolling stock. Unfortunately a couple were uploaded with rolling stock, some not built in and not on the DLS. Ignore/delete missing content.
They all work fine in TRS2009, compatibility mode.

Download and enjoy. Feedback apreciated.

My Dukes Denver, KUID 275817:102393, has only TRS2004 built-in content. It was intended as a Colonel Stephens-style light railway running from a rural terminus to a small city. Based on a convoluted 4m x 3m design by Cyril Freezer (Model Railway Track Plans no. 54) but stretched out and with a much longer run between stations. Could be used as an ordinary branch line, and is capable of extension as there is a disused link to the main line.

Slugsmasher, I've been desperately trying to get a category going on the Trains Resources Directory, but with almost zero success. I'm afraid the average Trainz Route builder should be nicknamed Clarke Gable - "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

Sadly any posts of this nature get lost forever so the list the guys refer to is buried. Some people have it bookmarked for sure, but what a way to run a business?
If a few people made a small effort by spending five minutes contacting me, they could have their routes up in lights.

For those of you saying "Oh yeah" or "Frankly...", Routes are the most viewed items on the Directory.

This is the most visited listing by a long shot!

Ho Hum!

There seems to be some confusion between routes with all built-in content and routes with all content available on the DLS. I had a look at some of the suggested routes and one at least required some 14MB of dependencies. Or is it because I use TRS2004 and they are intended for later versions with different built-in content? I always limit my DLS sesions to 04 and UTc so this shouldn't be the problem.

Incidentally, Dukes Denver (mentioned earlier) uses only TRS2004 built-in content.

Ray

I suspect layouts made with TRS2006 and later will not work with TRS2004.
I have four TRS2004 layouts on the DLS. All use only built into TRS2004 content.

Last edited:
Hi Slugsmasher,

I have made a route with only built-in content for TRS2004, at KUID2:367928:100003:0. It is available at my Trainz fan site at www.beezersprocket.dnsalias.com/index-13.htm. It is the Snowy Branchline route, and even though it is very short I find it to be very scenic. Let me know how you like it!

Last edited:
trainut, did you read my post Number 6 above?

Doesn't it interest you in the slightest way?

Have you any idea how many people have ever visited your site and how many could if you made the effort?

Please read my post carefully because you could be the person on top of the most wanted list.

Hi Slugsmasher,

I have made a route with only built-in content for TRS2004, at KUID2:367928:100003:0. It is available at my Trainz fan site at www.beezersprocket.dnsalias.com/index-13.htm. It is the Snowy Branchline route, and even though it is very short I find it to be very scenic. Let me know how you like it!
Some may try if you put screenshots somewhere, your site, John's site and/or the Screnshots forum.
What is Benland, fictional or real?

Some may try if you put screenshots somewhere, your site, John's site and/or the Screnshots forum.
What is Benland, fictional or real?

Yeah, about Benland... It's fictional, and it is called Benland because Ben is my name and I couldn't think of anything else to call it:hehe:. I will post some screenshots of my route in the Screenshots part of the forum very soon.

And Johnk, where should I contact you about "having my route up in lights"? I don't quite understand what you mean.

People are desperate for information about routes. My site has almost 1,000 pages, but more people look at the three routes displayed there than anything else on the other 997 pages. Last month alone over 300 people looked at the Cumberland listing and most of those would have downloaded the route.

If you made an effort to have your route listed by supplying me with details and nice screenshots, you may just become famous! I've asked dozens of times in these forums for people to list their routes, but they couldn't care less. If you have a web page you obviously want people to visit it. The only way that will happen is if you list your route and web page in the Trainz Resources Directory and Join the Web Ring. You can forget Google, your site probably isn't even indexed. How do you get listed in the TRD? You go to the Directory and on every page you will see a "Contact Us link" It's on the left hand blue column, as is the webring link. You contact me and I'll send you an email addresss where you can send your stuff. The Directory link is always in my Sig and I post on these forums regularly.

Hi Johnk

I have read your response and sent the details to you. I have sent the details from a secondary account because I can't attach anything to my main account. Oh, and do I need to tell you my site URL again? (I forgot to in the e-mail) It's www.beezersprocket.dnsalias.com/index-13.htm.

Thanks,
trainut

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to the Cumberland route.

BTW, there is an upgraded version the AEOTOLA route or however you spell it, by Dylanviey at USLW.net

trainut, you may want to remove the email address from your post to avoid spam, I'm sure John knows them anyway.:)

People are desperate for information about routes. My site has almost 1,000 pages, but more people look at the three routes displayed there than anything else on the other 997 pages. Last month alone over 300 people looked at the Cumberland listing and most of those would have downloaded the route.

John, you’re absolutely right. Since listing the Cumberland to Connellsville route with the Trainz Resources Directory, its downloads at the Trainz Pro Routes download site have really shot up.

In fact, over the weekend, the route moved into their Top Ten Downloads list. When you spend a lot of time creating an asset, you get a lot of satisfaction sharing it with as many Trainzers as possible, and so, good exposure is essential.

I’ve been working on another large route for almost two years. (Western Maryland Thomas Sub) It is similar to the Cumberland to Connellsville in construction. I hope to have it completed sometimes next spring, and with the exception of the Protolars Industries(available at TPR), the dependencies will be 100% DLS.

Regards, Joe

Hi Joe, You did it in October and Novemer. here's the stats for November to prove it if anyone is doubtful. Every other route listed on my site is in the top six:

november09.jpg

Back