Trainz: A New Era Pre-Orders Have Now Arrived! - Visit our Information Page to find out more.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Integrating the new add-ons into TS2009?

Default Integrating the new add-ons into TS2009?

Sorry to be a bit thick, but how does one mesh the new add-ons once downloaded (Treez or Settle & Carlisle) into an existing TS2009 set up please?

Install it and tell it to add it to TS2009.

Should be that simple.

Mike.

Thanks Mike. Um ... how would I tell it please? It seems to have all its own components except CMP.

From posts made by other people it seems my installer (the last beta) is different to the ones you all have so I'll have to leave the details to someone else unfortunately.

Mike.

United States of America, Michigan, Stevensville

You'll be asked if you want to install it in TS2009.

At least I can't integrate the new addons to ts2009wbe.
    yes, I have already reinstalled trainz from dvd and auto patched to 40040.
    Still the installer says that I have too old trainz to patch.
    and I don't have any other trainz game installed.

Hi,

Check out the other thread:-
    http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=47181

We are not alone!

Colin

United Kingdom, West Midlands, Gnosall Staffordshire

Same Installer problem with Treez, didn't actually ask anything, seems you have to point it at your current trainz install if it's not the one not the one it thinks it is if more than one and then manually remove anything after \auran\TS2009 otherwise it will create a sub folder in your 2009 folder, a point I didn't spot first time around. (makes note to pay more attention to Auran installers!)

Worse news is that on running this installer again, I assume the S&C one is the same? it won't let you choose a path on the second attempt, a quick visit to regedit fixed that however people should not need to do such things when using a properly setup update installer which is effectively what this is.

The words "rush" and "job" spring to mind here or alternatively some instructions would have been nice

For those stuck with a stand alone who don't fancy messing in the registry there are possibly two options, overwrite the current install with the add-on having backed up your local folder first or add your existing content by copying the local folder from the old install to the add on. then whichever way run an extended database repair before launching anything.

This works with treez as I tested it on my second install on the same PC however obviously needs some brave soul to check it out with S&C, I would but I haven't got it.
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Same Installer problem with Treez, didn't actually ask anything, seems you have to point it at your current trainz install if it's not the one not the one it thinks it is if more than one and then manually remove anything after \auran\TS2009 otherwise it will create a sub folder in your 2009 folder, a point I didn't spot first time around. (makes note to pay more attention to Auran installers!)

Worse news is that on running this installer again, I assume the S&C one is the same? it won't let you choose a path on the second attempt, a quick visit to regedit fixed that however people should not need to do such things when using a properly setup update installer which is effectively what this is.
    Totally agree here. Had the same problem of not being able to tell the installer in which directory I wanted the install made. I have written a note to Chris about this over in the TrainzDev forum. With more and more versions and builds now floating about this is becoming a big problem

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Same Installer problem with Treez, didn't actually ask anything, seems you have to point it at your current trainz install if it's not the one not the one it thinks it is
    I strongly recommend against this, as it is likely to leave you with a corrupt trainz installation. You should never install one program on top of another like this.

To install any of the packs as addons to TS2009, you MUST have a valid and recognized TS2009 installation on your PC. The installer uses the standard registry entries to locate your TS2009 installation. If your registry information is damaged somehow, I would recommend backing up your current installation and reinstalling/repatching TS2009 prior to using the addon installer.

If you have a valid TS2009 install on your computer, the addon Installer will offer you the choice of installing as an addon or as a standalone pack.

hth,

chris

Question Treez Won't Install as an Addon ?

I have TS2009 WBE. Just downloaded Treez addon pack. It will install as a standalone, but will not install as an addon to my Trainz program. (Even re-downloaded Treez as I thought it might be a bad download.) WBE runs fine in both native or compatibility mode. The installer gets all the way to where it indicates it is setting up folders/directories then stops responding. Have sent a ticket to the help desk, but no reply as yet. Reading these posts I have seen that other people are having similiar problems? Is there an answer yet on this?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by seedhole View Post
    I have TS2009 WBE. Just downloaded Treez addon pack. It will install as a standalone, but will not install as an addon to my Trainz program. (Even re-downloaded Treez as I thought it might be a bad download.) WBE runs fine in both native or compatibility mode. The installer gets all the way to where it indicates it is setting up folders/directories then stops responding. Have sent a ticket to the help desk, but no reply as yet. Reading these posts I have seen that other people are having similiar problems? Is there an answer yet on this?

The Helpdesk may take a day to get back to you. They are about 14 hours ahead from the eastern time zone in the US.

The Treez install will take some time to install and it will sit for quite awhile at the "Creating Folders" stage. The program will look like it's not responding, but it is in fact working in the background. Let it do its thing and it will install fine.

John

Question

When I check the program using Windows Task Manager it says the program is not responding. That's why I think the installer has stopped. Maybe it hasn't?

Smile

JCitron,

I just waited and waited and finally the program did install as an addon. I guess the Windows Task Manager indication that the program had stopped responding was incorrect. Again, I guess waiting was the answer.

Thanks,

Ernie

United Kingdom, South Yorkshire, Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by seedhole View Post
    JCitron,

I just waited and waited and finally the program did install as an addon. I guess the Windows Task Manager indication that the program had stopped responding was incorrect. Again, I guess waiting was the answer.

Thanks,

Ernie
    Ernie, The Task Manager will always say that the program has stopped responding, but it is just waiting for other processes to do there job, to find out, look at the Task Manager, but this time click on the Processes tab, now click on the CPU column, this should bring to the top all the processes that are working in the background, and one of these should be trainz related.
    If this is so, then leave well alone, and let it do its thing.
    Best Wishes ____
    Jonathan________