GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

a12ddc204d4887cc133f1bf5d4b07635.jpg

Commuter anyone? This is an IC car from the early 1900s, made by a friend to be 3D printed. I am going to bring it into Trainz.

Ok, so my answer is yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. I love commuter cars, especially the tokyu cars used on the Cleveland RTA's red line.

Memories Of The Great War Part A

Hello,

Since it is 100 years since the start of the Great War, it have decided to make a few items from the British Empire arsenal; our first selection, British Army, Vickers from 1912 until 1944. I may make a WW1 themed trench railway if the interest it out there.

BritishArmyVickersMachineGunUpdate_zpsfab5b400.jpg

Specifications -

Weight
33–51 lb (15–23 kg) all-up

Length
3 ft 8 in (1.12 m)

Barrel length
28 in (720 mm)

Crew
three man crew

Cartridge
.303 British

Action
recoil with gas boost

Rate of fire
450 to 500 round/min

Muzzle velocity
2440 ft/s (744 m/s)

Effective firing range
2,187 yd (2,000 m)

Maximum firing range
4,500 yd (4,100 m) indirect fire

Feed system
250-round canvas belt

Vickers_IWW.jpg

With Regards,

M. Gitsham

Last edited:
Here is a NP W-3 2-8-2 Mikado that I'm working on.

Hey Logy and other Steam builders..

Bdneal has put out a steam locomotive kit with Gmax source files here:

http://steammachine.com/bdaneal/source.htm

It is the source files for his USRA 2-10-2. Three different types of valve gear are included.

Text from page:

"Through the years of content creation, I have amassed an impressive collection of .gmax source files. Up to now, I had pretty much hoarded these except for a few rare cases. I recently realized these source files could be useful to help budding steam creators get started and even to give seasoned creators a leg up. While I have far too many meshes to make them all available, I will release those I deem useful and those that I never finished and don't plan to.

The only restriction on the use of these source files is that they are not to be used in whole or in part in any payware content. For freeware content, modify and release freely!

Steam Construction Templates #1
This package includes the body mesh of the USRA Light 2-10-2 and its tender. Source driver bogey files from three engines have been included to provide examples of Baker, Walscharets and Southern valve gear. Two and four wheel pilot and trailing trucks are included. This package lends itself to assisting in the creation of mid-sized steam from Class I roads. "

Might be of use to your creation efforts. Remember to thank Bdneal for this!

Steam Powered Sawmill. It's going to be completely animated when I'm done with it. It's the open air kind for back woods use. They were found everywhere in the US and Canada.

19dc88c4c91244985802329037db40ab.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Hello,

Since it is 100 years since the start of the Great War, it have decided to make a few items from the British Empire arsenal; our first selection, British Army, Vickers from 1912 until 1944. I may make a WW1 themed trench railway if the interest it out there.

BritishArmyVickersMachineGunUpdate_zpsfab5b400.jpg

Specifications -

Weight
33–51 lb (15–23 kg) all-up

Length
3 ft 8 in (1.12 m)

Barrel length
28 in (720 mm)

Crew
three man crew

Cartridge
.303 British

Action
recoil with gas boost

Rate of fire
450 to 500 round/min

Muzzle velocity
2440 ft/s (744 m/s)

Effective firing range
2,187 yd (2,000 m)

Maximum firing range
4,500 yd (4,100 m) indirect fire

Feed system
250-round canvas belt

Vickers_IWW.jpg

With Regards,

M. Gitsham

Keeping awsome pictures there for reasons. That's a nice looking Maxim Gun you got rendering there. Kudos to you.

I can tell it's a Vectron, but I'm not 100% certain if it's an ACS-64 or a European locomotive.

I'm pretty sure it's an ACS-64, seeing as we already have the normal Vectrons, also the housings above the pilots don't look European, Europeans like the ends of their loco's to be nice and tidy.

I'm pretty sure it's an ACS-64, seeing as we already have the normal Vectrons, also the housings above the pilots don't look European, Europeans like the ends of their loco's to be nice and tidy.

The notches in the body below the cab window made me think of an ACS-64, since the headlights go there, but I wasn't certain if all Vectrons had those notches.

Back