GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

lner_k3_cablowres_by_trainboi-d7ry581.png

Full res here.

I hope thats not considered off-topic, but here`s a heads up for creators using Blender:

The Cycles renderer now supports baking to texture. That means AO, shadows and caustics can be baked there, since Cycles looks much better than the default blender render (in my opinion)
Here`s a quick introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB09T--_ZvU

In Blender, I use the normal blender render function since the Blender exporter doesn't export textures applied in Cycles. I only use Cycles for photo renders.

I still have the under carriage to work on. The flanges were scaled to the diagram but I hate how they look so ya, those will be scaled down. These are the diagrams Im using.

3790f0647a8e199731533b1ec992401a.gif

2501b95ad274ec327451d94263a28c40.jpg

Last edited:
I am sure if you saved the image and applied it normally then you could use Cycles with no problem.
I couldn't use it. I applied the TGA with the standard appropriate Nodes and UV coordinate mapping. After this still no textures displayed in game. The textures only showed up when I reapplied it using the blender render.

Haven't had much time for Trainz as a new job has me all over the country side and i'm surprised i actually remembered any of this Content Creation stuff but here is a small item i made last night

This belongs or used to belong up on Soldier Summit Utah.
Cheers Mick.

Haven't had much time for Trainz as a new job has me all over the country side and i'm surprised i actually remembered any of this Content Creation stuff but here is a small item i made last night

This belongs or used to belong up on Soldier Summit Utah.
Cheers Mick.
And I say it looks mighty fine Mick! Sorry the job has kept you away! At least you got time lol, could be me with none!

Back