GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

c23bc837f928b4b3da6d0eeb222051e6.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Thank you, but I've seen those before and they contain a few errors that don't match up with photos and field research. They're good for the general outline, but I need something with measurements and details.

Meh, I'd post a picture of it in game but I'm too lazy. It's a very good caboose, and I highly appreciate the crew and marker lamp scripting. You'll have to show me how to use that whenever I get around to making the YVRR caboose set, Curtis. :p Very good model, I'm kind of surprised to see you made a render of something that's already in public beta though. :hehe: Good job with it, mirror planes certainly are fun, huh?

Indeed they are :) I finally got around to playing with render scenes in Blender, and thought that one didn't come out too badly......
No problem with the script. You use lib's libraries, right? I suspect we can fold something into it for general use, if he's interested. If not, it won't be too hard to add something custom for your cabooses.

Curtis

Heh, I bet he'd be fine with working with ya, I dunno what I'd do without his nice air hose animation and sounds...not too many other features I particularly want from his stuff for a caboose. That could be an interesting idea indeed. Thanks mate.:D

Powerplant, Hooded & Gamed

So I thought, running an electric railroad is a lot like baseball ("You gotta have a catcher, otherwise you get a lot of passed balls") - you gotta have a powerplant, otherwise you get a lot of late trains. So here, I thought, is a cute little one. I thought.

50054122c70551c184d842737bd8648a.jpg

That's a 100m ruler down front, and HMS Hood (over 800 feet long) on the side - first cut.

b2e44e4f8d8f5a6138e589d171d75519.jpg

(Images hosted at HostThenPost, may expire.)

Roughed out in-game, it does fit on a board (almost) and a train will definitely fit under the #1 coal bunker. And the size is on the same order as the Battersea powerplant on DLS, so now it's time to start texturing.

(Click) In game render with person to show scale. The one on the right is the built-in and the left is mine. Includes blended normals and baked shadows.

Back