GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Got a little bit to into the movie lol. This will be a version.

131.png

Not the textures I need for the Manitou and Pikes Peak #4, but here is a rough idea. Very close to completion, needs more detail on the side rods and attachment points for lights and other features.
f2cf1b87fbfefa99be46a3c65deefd5b.png

Looking at those amazing creations in here, I have a question (sorry, I know this isnt the place for this)
Those of you who use Blender, how many texture images does your average rolling stock model use and at what resolution?

Looking at those amazing creations in here, I have a question (sorry, I know this isnt the place for this)
Those of you who use Blender, how many texture images does your average rolling stock model use and at what resolution?

Depends on what your trying to achieve. A single 2046 X 2046 will suffice for many models (or smaller if you're making a less detailed model). However if you want to add texture effects then you may want to add additional textures for features such as number or name plates.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Depends on what your trying to achieve. A single 2046 X 2046 will suffice for many models (or smaller if you're making a less detailed model). However if you want to add texture effects then you may want to add additional textures for features such as number or name plates.

I see. Thank you.

Ed, that tank engine is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. A wonderful looking Russell. Thank you for all this wonderful 2ft stuff.

Saturnr

Depends on what your trying to achieve. A single 2046 X 2046 will suffice for many models (or smaller if you're making a less detailed model).

A single 2046 x 2046 would suffice but it would not work in trainz. 2048 x 2048 is the one you're looking for.

Personally I think 2048x2048 is a bit too much even given we're in TANE now, but if it's quite large then I suppose it's OK. Something as small as a British wagon would get on very well with just 1024x1024.

Personally I think 2048x2048 is a bit too much even given we're in TANE now, but if it's quite large then I suppose it's OK. Something as small as a British wagon would get on very well with just 1024x1024.

VRAM is becoming quite plentiful generally. For objects that take centre stage such as rolling stock, I see no issue in the use of higher resolution textures.

Hi, I can finally show you my model running ... General Electric/Alco 112 Ton 1400 HP Diesel-electric CC-224 . Equipped with Alco 244 . Build at Schenectady plant in 1954 .

an2eew.jpg

352ox93.jpg

And running in TS2009 , TS12 and T:ANE as is :

14abh53.jpg

Back