GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Here is My UP MT-73 4-8-2.
T3g08K.jpg

That L1 looks fantastic! I hope there will be an apple green version...

Here's something I've been working on, a nice example of a "gentleman's light sporting locomotive" in the form of a South African Lawley.

render.png

Last edited:
That L1 looks fantastic! I hope there will be an apple green version...

The L1 is ticking along. Currently running in TS12 with the wheels and valve gear all animated. :) The next step will be refining the details and textures since they're currently quite spartan.

For an apple green variant I may look at a British Railways or LNER variant in the future. The front footstep will need converting to a slope but that's not an issue. :)

Jack.

Yes, sort of. You still need 3DS to export. But you can do your modeling and texturing (and presumably animating) in Maya. Simply export your file as an fbx file from Maya, import it into 3DS then do the trainz-specific adjustments (attachment points, texture names, etc) and export for Trainz. It's how I make my models.

peter

Make haste on obtaining a student copy of 3DS MAX 2012, once trial software of the 2016 products become available at some point in the near future, they will be phasing out of the 2012 student downloads. And make sure that it's for a 32-bit system otherwise importing is going to be a pain in the ass (I assume that trainz 12 will struggle to read your file if the file is created in a 64-bit program).

I thought I'll try something different and made the floor as one mesh then did some boolean cuts.

nw5_zps8675a799.png~original

Not a 100% sure about how I'll do the steps, I'll think of something though, the three boxes on the hood will form the boolean cuts for the radiators

Here's what I have on measurements.

Floor Length: 15.023m (increased a tad)
Floor Width: 3.040m
Floor above rail: 1.416m & 1.543m

EDIT:

nw5_zps8cfccd33.png~original

Cheers.

Last edited:
Oh my god.... STOP asking him for his locomotive. He will release it when he releases and he will end up choosing if it's even going to be released. Don't ask people for stuff, especially in such a rude and gimmie-pig like manner. People like you make me wish that he won't release anything.

Back