GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Now let's see...
vt25_blend_by_trainboi-d7ei5q5.png

3070841193_8a9a29c8a7_o.jpg

Photo by Scott Schrantz. It's a pretty clear indicator.:p
*looks at photo*
Hmmm...I need to make the valve chests a little wider, methinks. And cut farther into the coupler on that groove...

Last edited:
Heh, don't have plans for those. Pencil42 is doing the 27 already anyway, and I'm hoping he'll do 26 from the same model.
v_amp_t_25_by_trainboi-d7empr1.png

Dun painted it. :cool:

Thanks David the logo took a long time and i only had to sort out the white alpha number crap the wagon actually has LOD and sum nice weathering on it, Although a job change for me is in the wing's so i think that's about as far as my creations will get for the time being unfortunately mate.
Cheers Mick.

While I don`t think this LNER: J69 is going to be completed, since its my first locomotive in Blender, I believe its worth posting it here!

Last edited:
Hi Tigertrain88,
Nice creation you have there!
Happy to see someone busy in Blender.

Not sure if you are interested in tips/tricks, but if you are:
It looks like you tried to create the whole asset out of 1 object in the mesh. You can slightly reduce the poly count of the asset by using multiple objects.
What I am trying to say is this: The "experience something new" part could be 1 cube, 2 tiny cubes to connect it with the top of the main asset. The top of the main asset could be another cube. This will remove the triangles you now see splitting up the sign and top part. If you prefer to have these as one object, you can even merge them into 1 object.
It is a slightly different way of thinking that you might like. I also tried to make something completely out of one shape my extending and splitting one base cube, but discovered this later.

Hope this makes sense. If not, let me know :).

That, is actually going better than I expected!

No idea how to make the cab though.

Last edited:
Well since im not working on the 6000 for awhile i thought id work on my custom car project. So far tonight ive got new "WishBone" suspension in the front and a cool new power steering sys in all that i need to do is do the rear and make a transmission and drive train and differentials and its onto the interior and connections ect. Enjoy!

52140a01b6683de08e58253d7b7ec4f3.jpg

Back