GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

been working on a simple project another test i drawn up blueprints for this one.
DSCF2920_zpsl2i1lexv.jpg

swicher_zpskjo3ufaj.png

Today, a MAJOR milestone has been achieved. It's in game, as a locomotive. Still needs ARN, and alot of things didn't work, (Markers, headlights, smoke, ect.) but it's getting close! One question, who knows of someone who makes really good E-Specs, the guy I would ask is currently unable to because he's moving. I need a new spec becuse, after discovering a caluculator, my Pacific has more tractive effort AND more horsepower than a NYC Niagara! The power of high boiler pressure, lol.

-Ben

Ben, what road is that lovely Pacific lettered for? And is there any chance that it will be available for Trainz 2012? I have yet to order TANE but will likely do that soon.

Ben, what road is that lovely Pacific lettered for? And is there any chance that it will be available for Trainz 2012? I have yet to order TANE but will likely do that soon.

It is lettered for my road, the Charleston Asheville & Louisville. Also, yes, it will definitely be TS12 compatible, they have a build number of 3.7 so they should work in both TS12 and T:ANE. I have gotten a very nice offer from a friend who is an EXCELLENT skinner to redo the textures, I am also slightly modifying the mesh too. So it will be a little while before it's done. But it's getting there!

-Ben

Looks great Ben. Loving the auxiliary light, will it be a gyra (circle) or MARS (figure 8)? Lovely engine though and I can't believe the power you speak off.

Saturnr

Looks great Ben. Loving the auxiliary light, will it be a gyra (circle) or MARS (figure 8)? Lovely engine though and I can't believe the power you speak off.

Saturnr

The red light will be an emergency MARS light, I hope to get it functioning like the emergency light on the ATSF F7a from JR. Also, for the power, I used a Locomotive TE calculator. I fine tuned the variables using the dimensions and pressure of an SP P-10 (My basis loco) until I got the P-10s known TE/HP. Then I changed the values to match my P-4. I ended up with impressive numbers!!

TE
Niagara : about 61,570lbs
P-4: about 65,400lbs

HP (at 40mph)
Niagara:about 6,000
P-4: about 6,980

(needless to say my FoA is probably lower)

The only major difference between the SP P-10 and my P-4 is the boiler pressure. The P-10's BP is 200psi, the P-4 has a 300psi boiler. (Larger boiler barrel and firebox plus more superheater rows)

-Ben

Last edited:
So a MARS, I figured it was not a gyra, just for emergencies, not like 844's that used to always be on, or 261's?
Those specs do make sense, and boiler pressure is everything,every additional pound makes a big difference, keep up the good work,

That's incorrect. UP 844 and 261 only activated when the brakes were set to full service or emergencies. I learned this when I was working at the UP Steam Program last weekend helping prep 844 for its trial run on July 12.

That's incorrect. UP 844 and 261 only activated when the brakes were set to full service or emergencies. I learned this when I was working at the UP Steam Program last weekend helping prep 844 for its trial run on July 12.
How come they have a separate control in the FEFs that turns in the MARS (or so I was told at a display with 833 )? I thought 261s had been changed, to now only come on after an emergency and previously it always came on by switch when locos wee required to have MARS or gyra light?

Saturnr

UPDATE: I remember FEF could have it turned in for reversing or stationary light but it was triggered when emergency came one, same with 261s, it COULD be turned on IF it needed to be, but only came one for emergencies when going forwards unless the crew turned it on. Red ones were for emergency or people on tracks, white was always on.

Last edited:
My version of our Aussie Jumbo Cradle the coil usually weigh's in at 27T i still have to remap the cradle as i only did a quick box map too see what it would all look like together with the coil.
1d9c65ddde83bab33b89ae3a4dcaeec3.jpg

Cheers Mick.

It's an Auto drive gearing system. I got to see the function work in person. When the brakes are set to full service or emergency the switch flips automatically, but the engineer has to turn it off.

Got bored yesterday. Used ModelRailroader Diagrams from the Feb, 1986 catalog. Built a Elevated Crossing Gate Tower.

est.png

est3.png

est2.png

Last edited:
Great work Ed! Looks fantastic.

@logybear;

I am trying to get back to yourself in regards to my commission request with the drawings, but your private message comes up as 'Unable to receive private messages'. Apologies, I have been tied up with work.

If are able; do contact myself.

Regards,

M.Gitsham

Back