The "NEW" NS Piedmont Division - Danville District

diesel9

Southern Serves the South
I recently uploaded the old route, but after I thought to myself, that was a terrible, rushed route. Now, with more info and resources(You rock Google Street View!!), I have made a better, more accurate and realistic layout using a Real Scale rather than HO. It starts from Danville,VA to Greensboro,NC and some parts of Burlington Mebane and Elon,NC a part of the Raleigh District or the H-Line dubbed by local railfans. Realistic Speed limits, better track curves no more tight curves!!! I got some screens more will be coming!!! Hopefully I can get the rails that go through High Point and Lexington I have Salisbury and Linwood though!!! on a seperate route.

(I really not going to worry about topography this time around as it put me through so much hell before):eek:

My old thread below

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=13871

Looking forward to seeing this!:D
Remember to be patient and take your time, I am working on 400+ miles of Cumberland Mountian railroading and it is very long and hard, but worth it.
I will be looking forward to seeing your progress!

Woody

screen058l.jpg

BEFORE - notice the tight curves!!

moz-screenshot-4.jpg
screen130wj0.jpg

AFTER!!!!

no more tight curves as you can see

BEFORE - The old Dundee Yard
screen204qh4.jpg

AFTER - IT's a whole new yard!!

Some industries that was in the old route, were fantasy(sorry guys)

NEW PICS!!!!

Here's the "NEW" Pomona Yard!! (Alot straighter and better looking)Fartheset tracks on the right is the main tracks. Pus an Intermodal Facility(Even though it's built-in content I may change it later)

This is all I have for now, more will be coming tonight hopefully, Imageshack has it's days. And today is the day.

The "PRR Track Guide"-By G Fisher will get you used to overlapping spline points on tracks (resembing a figure "8"), so the parallel roadbed just touches the other track. Makes a scene look really realistic. The Tool/Ruler is great for making tracks absolutely straight. :cool:I am learning new ways to lay track each and every day, the learning process never ends.

Last edited:
Glad to hear about a route from my side of North Carolina. The Piedmont-Triad area! It would be nice if the Piedmont & Northern route and rolling stock would be recreated in Trainz. I know where a surviving P&N box cab is and I can find photos of the interior.

Thanks guys for the positive feedback, I'm thinking on forgetting the H-Line segment of the route. Which includes Burlington, and Mebane,NC because it's really nothing but like a 35 mile stretch of single track. I really wouldn't waste my time during it. It will include Eastern G-Boro and McKleansville and maybe Gibsonville. I have more screenshots if Imageshack isn't slow. Hold on a sec y'all!!!

Glad to hear about a route from my side of North Carolina. The Piedmont-Triad area! It would be nice if the Piedmont & Northern route and rolling stock would be recreated in Trainz. I know where a surviving P&N box cab is and I can find photos of the interior.

I don't know nothing about the Piedmont & Northern, although I do have the remaining small segment of the CF-Line(Atlantic & Yadkin) and the tracks that lead to more industries in the southern part of the cty.

Sorry, imageshack is crazy tonight.

There's information on the P&N scattered out there if you look for it and the surviving P&N box cab is at the NCTM in Spencer, NC.

All For One...One For All

Together with positive input and helpful suggestions on track laying techniques, we will all benifit, and become experts at tracklaying.

I am by no means the best...but I love to experiment with different techniques and help pass them on to others, and I use other peoples techniqes posted in in Surveyors Operators and Engineers -"tips and tricks" .

My strong points are track gradients, track straightening, complex yard throats, and laying absolutely perfect radius curves, and look forward to others benifiting from my positive input. My objective is to learn something new everyday, from someone else's positive input, and their techniques.

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!

Here's the Pomona Yard at it's fullest

24 tracks for the yard and the two on the farthst right is the mainline tracks

About half a mile west of the Yard is the Intermodal Hub with more tracks to load and unload and to let cars set aside until ready.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Got High Point and Lexington down on my route, as well as the Linwood Yard but I did not created though. Somebody else did. Anyways, expect a demo before or on New Year's Eve.

This route still is horrible. No textures, besides bleak single pattern images... ungodly track work, unfit for even the worst of shortlines, and obvious use of "LOOK AT ME!" assets to peel the viewers eyes from the horrible mess you have failed, yet again, at creating. Before putting up more useless screenshots, I suggest working on the route to make it more presentable... ya know, less trash like. :sleep:

Back