Trainz: A New Era Pre-Orders Have Now Arrived! - Visit our Information Page to find out more.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Desert Mountain Plains

Thanks to all for the encouragement.

Just heard back from James (ESO) and he has graciously given me permission to upload to the dls when finished. This is great news as it is a really great route to drive on, and the scenery James has come up with is beautiful, and easy on the fps.

I've tried to emulate his topography and texturing style, as well as keeping the grades mostly under 1%. There are a few steeper grades, but there is nothing really over 2%.

I've changed the tag to be a North American route, as that's what I'm most familiar with, and added some stations, and interactive industries. When it's done, I expect that it'll be close to 100kms in length, with room for expansion at both ends.

Just a note to all - it is being built in 09, so it will only be available to those community members that have the latest trainz version. I've also done my best to ensure that all assets will be available from the dls.

Once it gets a little closer to being completed (I'm expecting a month or so), I'd be appreciative if some folks with 09 would be willing to test it out for me.

James - let me know when you get 09, as I'd like you to be the first to check it out, and offer any suggestions, and critiques.

Once again, I'd just like to thank James for this great route, and Gisa for his Brampton route - both of which really inspired me to get back into Surveying.

I'll update periodically with some progress reports.

I consider myself very lucky if I can inspire someone, so I'm grateful for your compliments Neil. ^^ I credit a lot of my inspiration to build what I did in Brampton based on what YOU did in the TLW! This looks like a great route and I can see already that it will match and surpass the calibre of your other fine routes!

I'm sure many in the community will like this once it's released. Who knows...it might be the thing that forces me to get Win XP and TRS 09!

Gisa ^^

"Build it and they will come..."

Progress is going well - here's a few more shots.

Glad to see ya back into it again Neil,I haven't got 09 yet so this one mite have to wait but if its like any of your other masterpiece's then I'm sure it will be amazing.Best of luck with it and i hope ya don't stop with this one.
    Cheers Mick.

Hi Neil, I too have been tinkering with this fine route. Just like you I also switched to the same track that you're using and put some industries along the way. Since I'm using 06 and will not be able to download your changes would you mind mentioning some of the changes/tinkering that you did. Might give me some more ideas. Thanks. I still run your Gilby & Wallace Route alot.
    pop pop

Quote Originally Posted by stouthm View Post
    Hi Neil, I too have been tinkering with this fine route. Just like you I also switched to the same track that you're using and put some industries along the way. Since I'm using 06 and will not be able to download your changes would you mind mentioning some of the changes/tinkering that you did. Might give me some more ideas. Thanks. I still run your Gilby & Wallace Route alot.
    Hey Stouthm

My progress has been pretty steady. I've added another 20 miles or so, East of Kallaneal. I've gone back downhill, and added two more little "towns". The industries include 5 passenger stations, a coal pier, a cement plant and pier, a small facility to produce diesel fuel, a few grain silos, and numerous general goods facilities throughout the route. I plan to add a pier to deliver the wheat from the silos, and perhaps either some autorack industries, or container facilities.

I hope to have it ready for testing within the next week or two.

United States of America, ky., madisonville

nice work,,,,
    portal id: west yard
    user id ct_krogen

My progress has been pretty good over the last week or so, and I'm just about done. If anyone would like to beta test it, to ensure that all the assets are available on the dls, as well as a general tryout, feel free to PM me with your email, and I'll send you the CDP via YOUSENDIT.

Keep in mind that, as this was built in 09, you can only run it in 09. For best results, run in "Compatibility mode".

Thanks.

Route is now available on DLS - hope y'all like it.

Thanks again to James Flanders (ESO) for creating this great route, and for letting me extend and submit it for the community to enjoy.

Hello neilsmith749. Under what name is the route available on the DLS? I searched for it under your username, but I couldn`t find it

It should be under my name, but keep in mind that it is only for 09, so if you don't have that, you probably won't be able to find it.

If you do have 09, and you still can't find it, I'm not sure what to say. I got a message from Auran saying it was approved, but I couldn't see it either. I figured it was because I submitted it, and that it wouldn't show up on the dls on my machine because it was already on my machine.

Default Desert Mountain Plains

Will desert mountain plains run in 2010?

I'm pretty sure I worked on it in 2009 - I'm honestly not sure whether it'd run in 2010.

It's actually also included in UMR2010, if you have a fairly powerful computer.

oh it works alright in 2010 it adds speedtreez and tumes track....Awsome

Call me Stevo

Default Desert Mountain Plains missing assets

We are missing several kuids can anyone help?
    <kuid:46162:1056> <kuid:52597:22303> <kuid:52597:22332> <kuid:52597:22651> <kuid:52597:22652> <kuid:52597:22661> <kuid:52597:22662> <kuid:52597:22803> <kuid:52597:22805> <kuid:70030:21050> <kuid:85701:26013> <kuid2:45324:24308:1> <kuid2:45324:24345:1> <kuid2:46162:90001:1> <kuid2:53261:25052:4> <kuid2:60349:21013:1> <kuid2:60850:23113:4>