Desert Mountain Plains

neilsmith749

Just been tinkering with this beautiful route by ESO - Hope you don't mind, but I never got a response from you!

trainz2009060317044846.png

By neilsmith749 at 2009-06-03

trainz2009060317051215.png

trainz2009060317060551.png

trainz2009060317071157.png

trainz2009060317131072.png

trainz2009060317152883.png

trainz2009060317154910.png

Neil --

I agree with Dave - it looks excellent.

Just one request though - it took an age for the screen shoz to download because of the size of the file. The top shot, for example, despite being only 800px × 500px is 1933.61 KB.

When I post a screenie I usually resize it to 1024px wide, but I always compress it to less than 90 KB.

You will find that most graphics applications will allow you to compress the image. It certainly helps those still-on dial up and even those on slower ADSL.

Phil

Just been tinkering with this beautiful route by ESO.

Where can i get this route???

Cheers,
Kai

Well, the original is on the DLS - called Desert Mountain Plains, and it's by ESO.

The changes that I have made are not available as I have not requested or received permission from ESO to submit it. In the future, if I do receive permission, I will post it on the dls, but that won't be for a while, as I'm adding another 30 or so miles to it!

Looks great :)

Sorry mate I don't recall ever getting the message though. If you send me a copy once you have done all the changes & extensions I'll look at giving permission for you to upload it to the DLS. From what I can see so far it looks great :cool:

Glad you are enjoying it.

Looks great :)

Sorry mate I don't recall ever getting the message though. If you send me a copy once you have done all the changes & extensions I'll look at giving permission for you to upload it to the DLS. From what I can see so far it looks great :cool:

Glad you are enjoying it.

Oh, thanks a lot! That's great news. This is a beautiful route, and a lot of fun to work on!! Keep up the great work.

n

This looks great Neil. :) You truly have a gift for building/modifying routes!

I hope Eso will like what you've done and I hope you will consider submitting it to the DLS someday with his permission of course!

Keep up the great work!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Thanks to all for the encouragement.

Just heard back from James (ESO) and he has graciously given me permission to upload to the dls when finished. This is great news as it is a really great route to drive on, and the scenery James has come up with is beautiful, and easy on the fps.

I've tried to emulate his topography and texturing style, as well as keeping the grades mostly under 1%. There are a few steeper grades, but there is nothing really over 2%.

I've changed the tag to be a North American route, as that's what I'm most familiar with, and added some stations, and interactive industries. When it's done, I expect that it'll be close to 100kms in length, with room for expansion at both ends.

Just a note to all - it is being built in 09, so it will only be available to those community members that have the latest trainz version. I've also done my best to ensure that all assets will be available from the dls.

Once it gets a little closer to being completed (I'm expecting a month or so), I'd be appreciative if some folks with 09 would be willing to test it out for me.

James - let me know when you get 09, as I'd like you to be the first to check it out, and offer any suggestions, and critiques.

Once again, I'd just like to thank James for this great route, and Gisa for his Brampton route - both of which really inspired me to get back into Surveying.

I'll update periodically with some progress reports.

I consider myself very lucky if I can inspire someone, so I'm grateful for your compliments Neil. ^^ I credit a lot of my inspiration to build what I did in Brampton based on what YOU did in the TLW! :hehe: This looks like a great route and I can see already that it will match and surpass the calibre of your other fine routes!

I'm sure many in the community will like this once it's released. Who knows...it might be the thing that forces me to get Win XP and TRS 09! :hehe:

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Glad to see ya back into it again Neil,I haven't got 09 yet so this one mite have to wait but if its like any of your other masterpiece's then I'm sure it will be amazing.Best of luck with it and i hope ya don't stop with this one.
Cheers Mick.:D

Hi Neil, I too have been tinkering with this fine route. Just like you I also switched to the same track that you're using and put some industries along the way. Since I'm using 06 and will not be able to download your changes would you mind mentioning some of the changes/tinkering that you did. Might give me some more ideas. Thanks. I still run your Gilby & Wallace Route alot.

Back