How do I change the time limit for FRAPS videos?

illinoiscentral

SARM Volunteer
I have been trying to make decent cab ride video using FRAPS, but it times out after about 15 seconds.
Can anyone help?

Thanks Much,
Woody

Woody, the time is 30 seconds as previously stated. Don't let that worry you because the average scene in a blockbuster movie is 20 to 30 seconds. Any longer and the audience gets bored. here's what to do:

Firstly, FRAPS can be started immediately after it stops running. I can't remember the details, but there is a light on the top left if I recall. It either goes out or gets turned on after 30 seconds. Wait a second or maybe two and the light will go on or off again. Just hit the record button and start recording again for another 30 seconds.

To make a really great movie, move the camera to a different position for every new scene You can stop the train while you're doing this. Start the train, then FRAPs to record the next scene. You will end up with a few MASSIVE files (each 30 seconds is about 25 megabytes!) but just load the scenes into Windows Movie Maker and edit them like a real pro. MM will condense the files down to something like a little over a meg a minute.

Back