Japan

reskin SHINKANSEN 700-01

reskin-SHINKANSEN-700.jpg

Hi Hirochi nice to see you :). Is the 700 repaired to work in Trainz 12? Because normally it has errors when imported into the TS12 content manager.

Hiroshi: I downloaded your 700-01 and the content editor says it's missing the following kuid:
Unknown Location: <kuid:117608:40201>.
Any idea what that could be? It's the only one I'm missing.

Looks nice man!!
One thing I wanna know is just how will it interact with the train and cars. I've always wondered just how the atlas crossing work and where do you connect them. I've been using kenichiro's full Railroad crossings on my layout.

@ Titanicchristo: That's a very nice signal:

@ Hirochi: Very nice. DR Yellow :).:)
Are you also repairing the other kenchiro cars. Because the other JR700 shinkansen cars are faulty.

@ All the others who want to get the JR700 to work:

The unknown dependency is a pantograph and the Railstar Bogey that is referenced in the KUID Table is faulty. However I managed to get the item to work by making the following edits in the config file:

Code:
kuid                                    <kuid:461543:100113>
username                                "JRH SHINKANSEN Series700-01"
trainz-build                            3.6
category-class                          "AC"
category-region                         "JP"
category-era                            "2010s"
kind                                    "traincar"
engine                                  1
enginespec                              <kuid:-1:42004229>
enginesound                             <kuid:-1:42003002>
hornsound                               <kuid:-1:42003101>
interior                                <kuid2:461543:100092:3>
nightmode                               "lamp"
mass                                    37000
author                                  "hirochi"
license                                 "(C) 2017 by hirochi"
description                             "Reskin SHINKANSEN Series 700"

mesh-table
{
  {
    mesh                                "Series_700_A_body/Series_700_A_body.im"
    auto-create                         1
  }

shadow
  {
    mesh                                "Series_700_A_shadow/Series_700_A_shadow.im"
  }

left-passenger-door
  {
    mesh                                "Series_700_A_body/left_door/left_door.im"
    anim                                "Series_700_A_body/left_door/left_door.kin"
    att                                 "a.left_door"
    att-parent                          "default"
  }

right-passenger-door
  {
    mesh                                "Series_700_A_body/right_door/right_door.im"
    anim                                "Series_700_A_body/right_door/right_door.kin"
    att                                 "a.right_door"
    att-parent                          "default"
  }
}

bogeys
{
  {
    reversed                            0
    bogey                               <kuid:453063:1029>
  }

{
    reversed                            0
    bogey                               <kuid:453063:1029>
  }
}

thumbnails
{
  {
    width                               240
    height                              180
    image                               "S700.jpg"
  }
}

kuid-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:-1:42004229>
  1                                     <kuid:-1:42003002>
  2                                     <kuid:-1:42003101>
  3                                     <kuid2:461543:100092:3>
  4                                     <kuid:453063:1029>
}

This replaces the bogy with the shinkansen bogey from the railstar and the pantograph from the railstar also. In this case I got only the front car working. The other cars I have also replaced the bogeys and pantographs but they are still faulty in the shadow meshes. I don't know how to repair such faults. But I maybe can resin the other cars of the railstar to a normal Nozomi or wait till Hirochi releases or repair the rest of the cars.

Edited to add. You may have to adapt the build number to your build. I'm using 3.6 here but TS12 uses a lower build number.

Last edited:
EDIT: Here is the finished signal! :wave:

Well done man!!, seems look good when it added to my layout. So, what it will be? atls or full Railroad crossings mode ??.
I just received a wonderful content from Andi_Ridho , an E233 series. I reskined it into Nambu line livery (before was Keihin-tohoku line)
then running it on my Nambu line layout.

Rizky_Adiputra: Yes they will be ATLS so you can make the crossings fit your needs. I really like your E233 Nambu reskin.

Another Update! Here is the crossing with the lights that can been seen from all angles, they need to be rebaked and then I just need to make a few more variants and the stand alone crossings are done! I'm going to start the gate soon afterwards, take care every one! :wave:
885a33bfedab0198c08c5920f0414924.png
17131a1557da812247cfc385a162e486.png

Awesome!! I was hoping the Limited express would get the maroon and cream repaint!! I downloaded Kenishiro's 700 train but it was flooded with faulty and missing kuids. Would've been easier on everyone just to re paint the 700 you already made.
I've upgraded my route abit and gave the bullet train it's own station at the Brown Shopping Mall, I finally found out how to use Hirochi's tunnel B1 and B2 objects and now the Indavalley tunnel has been redid and it works. Now I gotta redo the route form the expressway to South Union, replacing the roadway. On the West Sanito line stand alone, I'm building up the large middle city and made the container yard for it. Enjoy the pics.
a93afa2461896c7083bd25e79c0c022b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Would've been easier on everyone just to re paint the 700 you already made.

Hi Railshuttle. Nice pics.

I think you mean the N700? The 700 series and the N700 have different window sizes so that would not be very realistic. Did you try to copy my config file text into the 700 train and lower the build number to your version? In that way you can get at least the lead car working. For the other cars I am waiting if Hiroshi releases them to and otherwise I repaint a few railstar cars for yourself.

BTW I see that you are running the railstar on your route but it still has the TGV cockpit. You can edit the train to use the more realistic Shinkansen interior if you want.

Nice that you have the Hiroshi tunnels working. :).

Well I'm using the Rail star for testing the route. I'll maybe change the cab view later down the road.
So if the major difference between the 700 series and the N700 series is the windows, Couldn't Hirochi just go into whatever 3d modeling programing he using to make his trains and edit the body shell by resizing the windows? He could just repaint the outer shell with the little stripe on the side. Reviving 10 year old + train cars can be a real pain and as you mentioned earlier, you only got the Lead engine working. Maybe Hirochi should make his own version of the 700 series instead of trying to revive Kenichiro's. They are simply too faulty and out of date.

A bit off topic. I found this very nice video on Youtube. Shinkansen from a drone. It is nice inspiration for Japanese route builders so I leave it here:

Back