Japan

Thanks!! I found them. They will be a great help for laying the tracks of my new NG line.
I've took a little field test of the new route southeast of Sanito and took some photos. Hope you enjoy them. I've still got a very long way to go, but It's coming together slowly.
8f50a6bff864270e11b69d338c3f7258.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice pics Railshuttle. It begins to look more finished and also cozy :).

I am working on my extension of the Icarus Shinkansen (of which version 1 is on the dos). For Version 2. I am working up Northwards.

Here are three new pics:

Just North of Kitabiko.

Icarusv2wip1.png

A 'morning E5'

Icarusv2wip2.png

Bridges and tunnels just North of Kitabiko:

Icarusv2wip3.png

Ah so it is getting updated!! Cool!! like the morning pic with the sun coming over the mountains. Hey the last pic with the two bullet trains connected.. is that a hint that the line may split into two further north?

Was searching the internet for kintetsu narrow gauge and found a pic of a route running them, can some one tell me witch one it is please.

Tom

Was searching the internet for kintetsu narrow gauge and found a pic of a route running them, can some one tell me witch one it is please.

Tom

I did a google image search and found it too, It is probably a route of Keimei. I think a personal route. It looks a bit like Kiha Japan only electrified.

Kintetsu/Yokkaichi 762MM Railroad

Hey everyone, It has been a while. The Kintetsu Railway company dropped the 762mm service to the local government of Yokkaichi. The service still runs just as the under the Yokkaichi Government. This route while not a long one is difficult to reproduce because of the lack of embankment tracks, lack of tombstones. I am finding a lot of cemeteries along the routes I want to make from japan. There really is not a lot of choice of tombstones on the DLS to start with.

Just wanted to throw that out there to see if anyone is interested in making some Japanese tombstones, it seems there is no railroad in japan that stays far enough away from the cemeteries that we would need to detail them. In some areas, the cemeteries have grown up to the railroad ROW.

For now I am busy with work and will come back when I have more time.

I have uploaded 3 Toshin Circle Line sessions to the DLS for Electro Island V 4.0. Final.

The sessions features the excellent E235 by Hiroshi. Tthere are a few DMU's and spare E235's parked in the sidings for you to drive between the traffic.

There are 2 automated sessions with the E235's stopping at each station. One Midday and one in the morning with periodically changing weather.

The third session is a so called "Time-lapse" session. In this session the timerate is set to 240 X speed and with random weather for a sort of diorama effect.
The trains in the Time-lapse sessions run non-stop.

I'il post a few screenshots soon. :).

Also up are corrected Colden Monorail: <KUID:338927:100190>
and Maglev sessions: <KUID:338927:100189>

But these where uploaded about a month ago.

Last edited:
Oh cool, pagroov!! I'll have to check those sessions out. I'm still trying to download the missing stuff but some of it (like the forest and some trees no longer seem to exist on the DLS I'll most likely end up replacing the stuff I can't find anymore. As for me, I've made some progress on my route. The bullet train rehab has reached the Brown Shopping Mall and I'll have to re download all the stores that were around it. I'm gonna replace the highway with the YARN roads. I eliminated that "V" near Blue Bay and the line now runs southwest of Urena instead of crossing the town on the north side. Having some problems with Hirochi's shinkansen tunnel A. Like when you try to connect tracks to it, the portal disappears!! Does anyone have a way to fix that? I demolished a few tunnels and whet with cuts instead for some areas. Well anyhow everyone enjoy the pics and have a safe and happy holiday season!!
df1a451c6ed11f3ce3387fc9fd140f1d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hello and happy New Year! So I started reworking the signals for quite a few reasons, mostly because of the fact that the original lights were a little bit misshapen. Even so I'm liking the rebuilt crossing, the picture is not the finished signal. Sorry this project is taking so long. I'll post more information possibly today or tomorrow.
5a6abd46246cad62460395687caf2bb8.png

Hey Happy New Year pagroov!!
Niice to see you still plugging away at the Icarus route. It's coming along nicely!! Hey what is your method for using Hirochi's tunnels? Every time I try to connect two tracks to the portal it disappears!!:'( (The Tunnel portal)

Hey Happy New Year pagroov!!
Niice to see you still plugging away at the Icarus route. It's coming along nicely!! Hey what is your method for using Hirochi's tunnels? Every time I try to connect two tracks to the portal it disappears!!:'( (The Tunnel portal)

I do use a piece of track in between the shinkansen bridges and the tunnels. And I begin with the spline at the Tunnel side. And when the track is connected with the viaducts I shorten the tracks as much as possible.

Pagroov your route is looking really good!

Here is an update to the railroad crossing signals, I'm currently finishing up UV mapping this as well as baking this and heck I've even started coloring it. The picture below is from yesterday so there are quite a few differences.
324fa5443cd0b517e5ee2f2856528eab.png

Yes yellow will replace the green in the final model. Now I don't believe I've mentioned this before but I plan on making these ATLS compatible and making some do it yourself pieces and parts so you can make the signal fit your needs. As well as that I have plans to add the second style of lights (here is an example) this won't take long considering that I already have the mesh for this light complete, I just need to add it. Hopefully I can get this exported next week.:wave:

Back