Japan

91a29ec63013a7f7a8129aac25f59f05.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Well I've managed to finish rehabing the Sanito Line and now I shall start on fixing up the East Indavalley line that runs parallel to it. The tracks are still intact but there are some stations and two tunnels that need to be replaced as well and using new wires since it was electrified. Unlike the Sanito line. The East Indavalley line is mostly a commuter line. A branch of the Indavalley main line in the SIRL Central Zone. The only other train that ran on this line was the Blue Bay Airport Express. I have a train in mind for it's replacement in trainz 12. Nice train sedts Andi and Hirochi. I remeber both form the Densha De go Game. The last pic in my thread is The East Indavalley line from 2006. I'll have to find a replacement train for the trains 12 version. Take care!

Nice pics all. Good progress again on your route Railshuttle ! Man those trains from Andi looks so good. And thanks Hirochi for the continues stream of updates on your wonderful content.

Sadly I can not buy pay ware at them moment but I still have the intent sometime in the future. And then you have also the new Trainz a new Era that is coming. For me I'm waiting that out a bit and see what the comments about v 1 are.

Nice pics all. Good progress again on your route Railshuttle ! Man those trains from Andi looks so good. And thanks Hirochi for the continues stream of updates on your wonderful content.

Sadly I can not buy pay ware at them moment but I still have the intent sometime in the future. And then you have also the new Trainz a new Era that is coming. For me I'm waiting that out a bit and see what the comments about v 1 are.

Sorry to contradict myself. But I preordered TANE Mac (basic edition). As soon as a Mac version is downloadable I'm gonna test. Also of course I'm curious if I can import my route and the nice Japanese assets. As far as payware trains goes is. I cannot buy too many payware at the same time. But i still have intent to buy maybe a J-train in the future. Hope there also be some Shinkansens. Would be great if there was a 300 series or an E3. The E3 looks like a nice candidate for multiple skins.

I have taken delivery of the Tokyo 5000 Metro it looks sounds and feels great. It is better than Andi's KiHa 141 which is also available for download.
oWNLlVf.jpg

However I was working on modifying Kenichiro's track with catenary when I lost the centenary after replacing it with a different track. If anyone can PM me how to fix this problem the DLS will see a surge in available JPN track.
lsO8ddH.jpg

Last edited:
wish I could help marine but can't you just redownload the original tracks then edit them again? Or better yet why not make a spline out of the Cantenarys without the tracks as well as with the tracks? That way you could place the cantenary over any track.
Hey pagroov, the session with the J_ commuter trains. are the trains you have to download for it have their engine sounds been fixed or do I have to do that myself. If the latter is true how do I go about doing that?

wish I could help marine but can't you just redownload the original tracks then edit them again? Or better yet why not make a spline out of the Cantenarys without the tracks as well as with the tracks? That way you could place the cantenary over any track.
"Snip"
I will have a look to see if I can harvest the catenarys from Kenichiro's track Files and see if they can be converted into splines. I also going to have an arm at taking off the catenary from his bridges as well for a project of mine.

@jonwray: the KiHa 141 is cape gauge 1067mm or 3ft6in.

Hey pagroov, the session with the J_ commuter trains. are the trains you have to download for it have their engine sounds been fixed or do I have to do that myself. If the latter is true how do I go about doing that?

Hi that you have to do yourself indeed via content manager. Just open them in Content Creator plus and find the engine sound screen. You then get a list with other engine sounds. After you have chosen a new sound then save. You have to do it for each car of the consist. If things are not clear just ask. I will then post a step by step guide in screenshots. :).

oh. could you post the step by step if you have the time? I hardly fool around with the content creator and I don't wanna wreck my trains.
hey marinemania. how bout trying to convert his level crossings to narrow gauge? that would be cool.

My enoden line route is now corrupt I've tried everything to fix it, sadly nothing happenes so I'm going to try at a fictional city with a lot of trains. Sorry about the corrupt rote...so many hours wasted:'(

My enoden line route is now corrupt I've tried everything to fix it, sadly nothing happenes so I'm going to try at a fictional city with a lot of trains. Sorry about the corrupt rote...so many hours wasted:'(

Sad news, but did you check out your user directory? Trainz automatically backups older versions of your layout. Isn't it possible to go to a slightly older version of your layout? I had this with my Electro Island layout but went to an older version and rebuilt from there.

Yup the auto saves are also corrupt, I might not start the route for a few weeks because I'm starting to use gmax and will be making some railroad crossings (U.S. And Japan).

"Snip."
hey marinemania. how bout trying to convert his level crossings to narrow gauge? that would be cool.

In order to edit any existing content, I need an importer to import .IM files into 3DS MAX. Once that is available and I learn how re-export back into Trainz could that be a possibility.

How ever I have been busy on those other segments of the layout that I intend to merge together.

Here we see ex. BNSF locomotives working freight in a remote part of the Sinnoh region.
GTmn7VQ.jpg

Much later ex. BN equipment runs through the same town.
i6B3rPg.jpg

In a neighboring valley some equipment is lined up for a perfect train Okatu photo.
FF3GwR7.jpg

Elsewhere in a far flung region in the snowy north.
6OONiPc.jpg

On the content creators side of things I managed to turn one of kenichiro's catenary track objects into a placeable object. There currently is a wire spline that was made by kenichiro if someone could explain how to add meshes like when you make a spine that repeats meshes as you extend the spline, I would be very greatful.
ekOAV3W.jpg

Last edited:
man those are some nice pics marinemania!1 Really liked the second to the last one with the Great Northern F9. It reminds me that I gotta Find some BNSF Locomotives and rolling stock for my route on the Download Station. I mainly need Dash 9.s and the Macs Plus the well cars and the coal cars too.
I've decided to take yet another small break from rehabbing my SIRL route to take the MAX out on a spin on elector island. I found the land bridge but I stll can't find the water texture. Most of the missing assets no longer exist when I tried to look for them in the download station. The other bullet train line seems to be a "Dummy" line but perhaps you could make it go around in a circle by connecting the two end points. Next I hope to get around to testing out the new NG lines. Enjoy the pics!!
8e6620f013b11963f967d4b16843fff5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back