PRR Screenshots

Thank you for your time, and quick response ... as PRR routes definitely need some R/L oil lantern EP, or rod thrown mainline switch machines ...and some yard/terminal R/L oil lantern M50-A low switch stands

stevelerro ( There will be a 2-10-0 and 2-8-0 soon! ) ( Steve ) That would be great to see, but you have your hands full.:) And I'm getting into and learning blender, not that I'm going to give you any competition :hehe: But from fright cars, to coal works. There a lot of things needed for a PRR route . The Decapod would be fantastic, and would really go far to needing a heavy pusher switchers in the yards :D

( n8phu ) That would be great, and thank you. ( no promises though ) None expected :)

Matt

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

I like the PRR Semaphore era, but it may be a bit confusing, as I am too confused as to why a one, two, or 3 bladed semaphore was needed at any particular interlocking, or block ... as all signal bridges had totally different arrangements, on track 1, track 2, track 3, and track 4

When the early "Tombstone" Position Light Signal came about, having 4 lights per aspect (costing 1/4th more in bulb and wiring costs) the signals became even more complex to read

Then came the Position Light Signal (PLS), and on track 1, track 2, track 3, and track 4 all types of different signal arrangements were used on each track. Track one might have had a top round backboard with 4 different aspects, and having a bottom round backboard that had chopped off sides, only showing 3 different aspects (no horizontal lights) ... then there were the no backboard signals that either had a R to L, or a L to R diagonal strip of thin metal with lights attached to the crossbars ... then there were the bottom backboards that were straight up and down ... while others had only a single bottom light

Surely the various complex signal arrangements were very confusing, especially at speed !

Then came the much easier to read Color Position Light (CPL) which I am not a fan of (but I do agree that for safety purposes they were the best

I need to know how to read these signals, and find out why on track 1, track 2, track 3, and track 4 they were always somewhat different configuration ?

I always thought that a bottom signal board meant the next nearest block aspect ... and the top board showing the next thereafter distant block aspect

I am modeling the very early yellow PLS signals, just after the demise of the Tombstone era signals, where just about every switch had a kerosene lantern or Red/Green, or Blue/Yellow

NS_Buffalo-Line-Signal-304-3042-APPROACH.jpg

CP-TOME-eb-gantry.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW, I've already made scripted PRR PLs, as well as Amtrak and N&W signals. I just have to get all the gazillion variants finished. I'll probably do the tombstones at some point.

Check out Mark D. Bej's Signalling page, http://broadway.pennsyrr.com. It's got pretty much all the info you need on reading the Pennsy signals.

Railwoodman, where did you get that white Pennsy hopper in your first picture? I really like it. P.s like the route!

At ( Jointedrail ) But there not available at the moment. That I'm aware of. I believe they are ( simulatortrain's ) ( pretty sure of that ) And he has taken them down, a long with other content he had at JointedRail . He has posted that they may come back, but till then I would just wait and see. There is a fantastic set of Lo hoppers in there rolling stock section that are his I believe .:D

These are also his work

Matt

User rgcx has some short covered hoppers, you will have to search the forums for his posts as they are not on the DLS.

Nice shot Steve

But I've still got room in mine:hehe:

Or maybe not:hehe: Time to build a new Engine-house :p

Matt

And same ?

WORKS Yard

I am trying to find a wooden/steel pedestrian walk bridge (a spline as it is very long) that crossed over the yard, and several other areas in Altoona

I am also looking for a brick or wooden @ 200' long, thin, building that went between 2 tracks at WORKS

Screen_002_zpsohlbztpu.jpg

Screen_001_zps7toofral.jpg

Works%20Panel_zpsvtztss2f.jpg

Works%20Zoom_zps7r5s1ukh.jpg

Slope%20Yard_zpsjv7hkgnb.jpg

Screen_002_zpsg29ly2xu.jpg

Last edited:
( cascaderailroad ) Nice track work, a lot better then I had of Altoona . Would love to be able to run that yard full of content, but frame rate would be dismal :confused: Nice shots as always.

( PBY357 ) Nice start, are you planing a hump yard there ? What DEN ?

More of my work. It's going slow:eek:

Matt

Back