PRR Screenshots

Yea I'm BACK,Thank to the help from John and others:D In TANE
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

I finally got tired of seeing the default 250 Ton Bucyrus crane, and the blue Crane Gondola, so I reskined them both ... shame we really don't have a working Bucyrus crane in Trainz.

A whole slew of cranes are being uploaded to the DLS, but few of them appear even slightly weathered, who wants a new freshly painted railcar ... I surely don't !

Screen_005_zpshpnfu4or.jpg

Screen_002_zpstk4cr0yp.jpg

Screen_001_zpskjnw4c6j.jpg

Last edited:
P5a Question

Having discussed it once or twice with enthusiasts, the time may have come (or passed?) to build a PRR P5a in one of its two main variants - the boxcab and the "Modified" steeplecab. I have good plans for the "Modified," very poor plans for the boxcab (but it it has dimensions, there are lots of good photos around, and the good set's running gear would fit it).

Vaguely recall that someone was going to build one or the other of these for Trainz(tm), or had already - unfortunately, I don't follow payware announcements closely.

So, question: Which is more wanted, the boxcab or the "Modified?" I'd probably use the old Auran interior for the "Modified," create a simple one for the boxcab (I have no documentation for it). This would be TS2009, could be ported into TS2010 and the more legacy-friendly variants of TS2012; I've seen some of my latest self-propelled equipment in T:ANE screenshots, but can't say whether they're fully functional in that environment.

Don't all raise your hands at once... (duplicate posted to Freeware Announcements thread)

K&L is making the steeple cab variant but it doesn't look like that will be coming out for over a year because they are booked solid with steam commissions now. That being said if you would be gracious enough to put in the work, I would love to see both versions. But if you only have limited time, I'd love to see the box cab.

P5a Modified

K&L is making the steeple cab variant but it doesn't look like that will be coming out for over a year because they are booked solid with steam commissions now. That being said if you would be gracious enough to put in the work, I would love to see both versions. But if you only have limited time, I'd love to see the box cab.

A majority seems to favor the Modified (or P5aM) version, though the preference is not overwhelming.

So I'll start with the running gear (mostly common to both) and work up from there - Modified, then maybe the boxcab if users are happy with the steeple cab and interest remains.

A few basic questions, since I'm not generally a PRR enthusiast -

- Red as well as green?

- Unstriped as well as striped?

- Do these critters have the little "F" on the official front end like (some) NH and (most) NYC double-ended electrics? I don't see it in any photos.

(Also posted to the Freeware forum, further updates will appear there.)

- Red as well as green?

- Unstriped as well as striped?

- Do these critters have the little "F" on the official front end like (some) NH and (most) NYC double-ended electrics? I don't see it in any photos.

That's a negative on the red, I think they were only in DGLE ( Dark Green Locomotive Enamel )

Striping would haven been done while they became modified... The being said probably in the post war period is when they were removed.

I believe your right on the little F. I cant find one either.

The P5's were never painted Tuscan, always Dark Green Loco Enamel (Brunswick Green).

Yes the box cabs had the "F" on the front both sides. if you look at the car body side it would be below the drivers windows to the right of the rivet strip close to the bottom of the car body. It is hard to tell if all P5's had the "F" since it was small in size.

The box cabs did not have stripes, some of the P5a modified had a few stripes, but not like the GG1.

Didn't feel right to start a new thread , But I was robed, PC and CD collection with backup taken. PC is back but all data is gone. So years of work, all my payware is gone . compared to what else has been losted , not that bad. So here's a farewell to the Black Bear PRR line .

If it was SimCentral, RRMods, K&L, or JR, bought payware it can be re-downloaded.

I always put my important stuff on a Disc, so it can be held for safekeeping.

How did your PC disappear, and then you got it back, minus the data ? :confused:

Anyone who breaks in my house ... I got a "Donk" !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufDTDUPZrag

You can "Rent a Donk" (I work for beer) and they house sit, and tie up intruders for you !

I'll bite em' in the leg, and feed em' to my dogs !

Last edited:
For some reason I wasn't able to post pics, before . But at the moment this is all that's left of my route . Did fine a backup disk from 2012, but the route was changed so munch it's going to be hard to reconstruct as it was .
trainz%202015-07-05%2014-59-51-22_zps0bfsvseh.png
trainz%202015-07-09%2023-06-29-33_zps72zn5hpd.png

Just as I was ready to upload the first part too ! With no trainz installed ( gone ) I will have to start anew . I have my owe " donk, " spelled Mossberg

Last edited:
Well it's alive, just lost a year in work PRR black Bear Coal

But now I need to remove content that creators don't want uploaded to the DL !!! So we begin again :eek:

Matt

Here's a shot including:
BUILDERS:
FM, GE, EMD/EMC, Alco, and Baldwin
ROADNAMES:
NYC, PRR, B&O, UP, SP, WM
LOCO MODELS:
E8A/B, F7A/B, FM C-Liner, E7B, RF-16A, U33C, Erie-Built A/B, RS-27
h2scVY1.jpg

Talk about complex...

Back