The Whole D&RGW Narrow Gauge Route?

I've got TransDEM maps for Durango to Silverton and Chama to Antonito. I may get to the point where they become one map and add the Farmington Branch and the spurs out of Silverton to the silver mines

I've got TransDEM maps for Durango to Silverton and Chama to Antonito. I may get to the point where they become one map and add the Farmington Branch and the spurs out of Silverton to the silver mines
You could do that for more of a historical correct map. Mine stated out as just something to mess around with.

Still sounds like a lot a narrow gauge track to run on only thing is there is no rolling stock for my K-28s or k-36s because all of prowlers stock has errors that are either need the author to fix or are hard to fix. Also if anybody gets the k-27 error free in trainz 2010 tell me that engine is the only one that I can't fix

For my Ks, its the cab by bdaneal that is faulty and its all texture errors.
"Error: Texture 'waterglass.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'hitbox.im'."
so if someone could fix it. It would be fine, someone could make a new cab that works in TS09/10

I had rode on the Cumbres and Toltec and Scenic Railroad in the summer of 2001 from Chama to Antonito

I am working on to make the line I know the is program that help with the landscape so the line looks like the real thing is there any help?

I have a map of the line from a book "Ticket to Toltec so I can proram the track

Is there anyone that can help me???

Still sounds like a lot a narrow gauge track to run on only thing is there is no rolling stock for my K-28s or k-36s because all of prowlers stock has errors that are either need the author to fix or are hard to fix. Also if anybody gets the k-27 error free in trainz 2010 tell me that engine is the only one that I can't fix

Shoot, man! I just downloaded a lot of his stuff, like, today! Like, an hour ago!

Is this the 04/06 stuff, or is it the later version items?

Yup.... Probably more like 6 years now... At the rate I get to work on it I don't know if it will ever be done....
You're making me feel good Todd. I'm still working on the EBT (the other ng in the East). At full scale it's a 32 mile main line and maybe double that with all the branches they ran over the years. I seem to recall I was working on an early version when you were starting the RGS. At this rate I'll have all the track on the ground maybe this year or next and then, God willing, in another 20 years or so I'll have most the scenery done.

For my Ks, its the cab by bdaneal that is faulty and its all texture errors.
"Error: Texture 'waterglass.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'hitbox.im'."
so if someone could fix it. It would be fine, someone could make a new cab that works in TS09/10
I think all of Ben's models can be made to work in TS10. Some require more work than others but it is possible. I'd say all require editing config files and some finding and copying over of image files for textures. With his K-27 cab and cab shell I didn't get that error but there were 4 others texture errors. I only needed to copy and paste some files from his other cabs to get them to work. No need to make a complete new cab which is more effort than the rest of the loco. His locos have a good following and you'll find many threads in the forums on how to get them running.

Here's an unlikely meet in TS10 in EBT's yard in Mt Union, PA. Sorry, if I were working a part of the D&RGW I would have placed it there. But the K-27 didn't take a lot of work to get it to show up.
EBT-MtUnion_0002.jpg

Still sounds like a lot a narrow gauge track to run on only thing is there is no rolling stock for my K-28s or k-36s because all of prowlers stock has errors that are either need the author to fix or are hard to fix. Also if anybody gets the k-27 error free in trainz 2010 tell me that engine is the only one that I can't fix.
Below - Todd's and Ben's K-27's in TS2010. Todd's only needs a couple of config edits and file name corrections to show up.
EBT-MtUnion_0003.jpg

Bob Pearson

Keep on running there is no finish line. 8-(

PS. Not trying to make light of the problems in getting some of these locos to work in the newer versions of Trainz as it is at best an inconvience and at worst very challenging. Ben's loco shows up and runs with a few minor fixes. Todd's shows up pretty easily but the cab is strictly non functioning. Way back when it was made you could control it directly from the keyboard without scripts or functioning controls. Those days are long gone. Today it will only sit waiting for another loco to pull it. Replacing the cab with any standard steam one is one easy fix. Looking fwd from the interior at the loco won't look right though. Using Ben's cab is maybe the best option but requires copying over some script files to the loco's folder and config editing. 3rd possibility is just to add a custom script to Todd's k-27 cab and control it only from the keyboard like it was designed to work years ago. For me any of these options is pretty easy to do. But right now I'm running it with Ben's cab attached.

Last edited:
If you mean the dual gauge (3'-SG) track, I made it. Right now it exists only on my hard drive. Until I finish the EBT and upload/distribute it that's probably where it will stay. It's about 5 years old now and needs to be updated to the new standards for stiched track. The texturing isn't anything to write home about either. It's really 2 separate track splines. The visible mesh which includes all 3 rails is the track spline that the SG equipment runs on. An invisible track spline carries the 3' ng. They're spaced 10.25 in apart center to center.

Bob Pearson

My problem is the k-27 engine spec had a tag error and if I remove it. It will cause the steam files to be obsolete thats the issue.

Error: The Tag 'epbrakes' is not permitted within a container of type 'steam-engine'.

Delete the tag. It's no longer a valid tag and I can't remember when it was. UTC maybe. So deleting it will have no effect other than allowing TS10 to see an error free spec.

Bob Pearson

Mine was error free at that point. The new errors showed up because you opened it with ccp and saved it. CCP will update the build version of the config to 3.1, I think. Most of the steam container is then obsolete and a bunch of new tags for it are missing. If the build version is left at 2.4 then Trainz will accept the steam container as is. In TS09 and 10 the game needs the new version for the steam physics and when it finds an old steam container it will use defaults or calculate missing parts from what's available though in general the in game performance in cab mode won't be too accurate.

Actually new steam-engine and enginesound assets should be used with this loco but it will show up and run with the old ones. Unless you know a lot about the new steam physics and do some testing you probably won't be able to make up a new one youself. Most people end up swapping in a new TS10 one from another loco (performance won't be accurate unless it's a loco with similar power but maybe better than what the game engine comes up with). Same for enginesounds. Just find a new one you like and edit the locos config tag - use open for edit in explorer as this won't use ccp and the build version tag won't get changed unless you do it intentionally. Ben Neal's k-27 has a couple other considerstions in swapping out the enginesound asset - there's a thread about it here someplace.

If you just want to keep Prowler's engine spec then you'll have to reinstall the k-27 general parts cdp. Open the engine spec for editing using explorer and delete the epbrakes tag and I recommend deleting the whole throttle-power container. Save and exit and then commit it. Should be error free and you can then decide it you want to keep it like that or find a new one to replace it.

Good luck.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Back