Will not accept my serial number

DisneyRob

Hello,

Can somebody help me out. I purchased a copy of Trainz 2006 a few years ago when it first came out. I tried to register my serial number so I would be able to download content from the download station. Every time I try to register my number it tells me that number is pre registered. I do not
know if I entered this number when I got the program in 2006, or if the number just will not work.
I have re registered on the Trainz site, and it accepts my new registration, but it will still not accept my serial number. I really want to download content from the site, but without the site accepting my serial number, I do not know what to do.
Can anybody help me out there?

Serial numbers are a one way street. Once you put the one you have in you can not create a new account with the same serial number.

If it says it is already registered go to your account (old one) and see if it is. If so, which it must be, you can not re register the number into the database.

I will a little confused with the wording of you post so I took my best guess at what your problem is, hope this helps either way I did it.:confused:

Cheers,
Adam

Thank you for your help. This is the problem, I do not have an older account. I was never able to create a new account that would let me download newer content. I did have an older account with earlier versions of Trainz, but this did not obviously use the current serial number.
Ever since i got Trainz 2006, it would not let me enter a serial number or create a new account. I would either get "e-mail already used" or I would get an invalid serial number warning. I just want to download new content for my
copy of Trainz 2006. Is there some work-a-round. I have tried to contact Auran, but they never replied.

You will have to register it with on your old account. creating a new account is in violation of the CoC and (generally) results in a ban. Problems with serial numbers needs to be referred to the Helpdesk not here.

peter

You will have to register it with on your old account. creating a new account is in violation of the CoC and (generally) results in a ban. Problems with serial numbers needs to be referred to the Helpdesk not here.

peter
Creating a new account is not a violation of the CoC unless you create it with the purpose causing trouble or to get around a ban.....there are legitimate reasons for people to want to create another account....however, the registered numbers don't transfer over....:cool:

Last edited:
I have 2006 also. No one but me has used this Program. It came from a store, and my parents bought it. I have an account on here as well. But the site does not even attempt to recieve my serial number. What happens is:

- First I enter the serial number.
- Then I get a message saying that "This Serial Number Has Already Been registered."

I don't have any pre-existing accounts on Trainz.
I should probably list other details in case anyone needs any more information.
I use a Macbook, and get e-mails on here, but the Trainz2006 program in question I play on my Dad's computer. The program is put on a separate Network Drive which I plug in in order to play Trainz.

So far, I have not seen any replies to my problem from the people running this site.

If I have only ONE account and the Site won't accept my Serial Number, would starting a completely different account make any difference?

I have 2006 also. No one but me has used this Program. It came from a store, and my parents bought it. I have an account on here as well. But the site does not even attempt to recieve my serial number. What happens is:

- First I enter the serial number.
- Then I get a message saying that "This Serial Number Has Already Been registered."

I don't have any pre-existing accounts on Trainz.
I should probably list other details in case anyone needs any more information.
I use a Macbook, and get e-mails on here, but the Trainz2006 program in question I play on my Dad's computer. The program is put on a separate Network Drive which I plug in in order to play Trainz.

So far, I have not seen any replies to my problem from the people running this site.

If I have only ONE account and the Site won't accept my Serial Number, would starting a completely different account make any difference?

There is a 'Helpdesk' button at the top of this page. You need to use that to submit a request to helpdesk. After establishing the ticket, you may need to go back to the site and check the status of your ticket as you may not get an email from Auran. You'll probably get a response to your ticket at the Helpdesk. I've never had a problem with the helpdesk responding to me.

Mike

There is a 'Helpdesk' button at the top of this page. You need to use that to submit a request to helpdesk. After establishing the ticket, you may need to go back to the site and check the status of your ticket as you may not get an email from Auran. You'll probably get a response to your ticket at the Helpdesk. I've never had a problem with the helpdesk responding to me.

Mike

Right, well, I have other questions to ask. For instance, If the computer I'm operating Trainz2006 on is using a different e-mail address. I'm operating my account with a completely different address. Is that affecting my ability to do anything with downloading content from the D-station? Can I change my e-mail address?

And finally, I attempted uninstalling and reinstalling my 2006 copy and I tried registering my serial number again. However, there has been no success. When reinstalling the game on my Dad's computer, the number was already installed in the process. If THAT'S the case, If the serial number is installed inside the game, why do I have to go to my account in order to actually register the SN with Auran in the first place?

Hi,

1) Auran staff may visit occasionally - but it's not guaranteed. Use the Helpdeck tab above.

2) You should have a "Planet Auran" profile
Use your Username & password to enter, then youu can update your email (remember that that's the one Auran will use to email you.).

3) In your profile, you should see all the serial numbers for your profile. If the serial of your TRS 2006 isn't there, and it reports "already registered" then the only people who may be able to help are Auran Helpdesk.
Registration is (as stated before) one way. Once a number's entered in Auran's database, it's fixed to that user profile.

You state that you have TRS 2006 on a removeable (network) drive - you may be confusing your Operating system - remember that Windows keeps details of programs in the Registry - the software should be installed on each PC you use (there's a copy of the licence number in the registry - along with other settings). If your drive is only available sometimes, then you may need to clean-up the registry entries - it may have multiple entries for the same softwar, but on different drive letters....

Colin

Hi DisneyRob,

As the others have said a serial number can only be used once to register on line.
I suggest you find the user name and password for your old Trainz account and log on to this forum using that user name.
Then click on the Button on top of this page that says 'Serial Number' and it will list all of the serial numbers attached to that account. ( ALL versions of Trainz can be registered in one account )

Another possibility is the store you purchased the program from has a money back guarantee. Some one else purchased the program, registered it then took it back to the store. ( The box wrapped in shrink wrap don't mean a thing, the stores in question have a shrink wrap machine in the back room! )

To down load content you only need the user name and password, e-mail address is only needed if Help desk sends you a reply/password recovery.

The Installation program needs the serial number to ensure you have a legitimate copy of TRS2006, and is used each time you re-install the program.
However to be issued with a kuid number and access to the Down Load station the serial number is also needed BUT can only be used once for that purpose.
( Like you need a driver's licence to drive a car legally, but the bank wants to see it before they will let you open an account? )

If you have a decent computer I suggest upgrading to TS2009, that is fairly stable now. Of course if you like little surprises from the mechanics who are still tinkering under the bonnet you could try TS2010 :eek:

Hope this helps,
Lindsay

Hi,

1) Auran staff may visit occasionally - but it's not guaranteed. Use the Helpdeck tab above.

2) You should have a "Planet Auran" profile
Use your Username & password to enter, then youu can update your email (remember that that's the one Auran will use to email you.).

3) In your profile, you should see all the serial numbers for your profile. If the serial of your TRS 2006 isn't there, and it reports "already registered" then the only people who may be able to help are Auran Helpdesk.
Registration is (as stated before) one way. Once a number's entered in Auran's database, it's fixed to that user profile.

You state that you have TRS 2006 on a removeable (network) drive - you may be confusing your Operating system - remember that Windows keeps details of programs in the Registry - the software should be installed on each PC you use (there's a copy of the licence number in the registry - along with other settings). If your drive is only available sometimes, then you may need to clean-up the registry entries - it may have multiple entries for the same softwar, but on different drive letters....

Colin

Thanks for your advice. I did submit my problem, and got a reply from Zec Murphy, who asked for my serial number to check to see if there were other entries with the same one.

I just wanted to ask one more thing. Where can I find the Registry Entries for Trainz on the computer I use to play it? Because I wouldn't know where to look.

Hi,

Use the Start button, then Run.
Into the display box type "REGEDIT" & hit the return key.

This lets you into the Windows Registry settings - If you don't know about this, then I'd strongly suggest that you don't use this until you have some research done.
It is very easy to completely mess up the settings - then the only option is to re-install everything (Windows + software....).

Colin

I'm not really sure why you need to access them. To play Trainz just click on the icon in the start menu and launch it.

peter

I'm not really sure why you need to access them. To play Trainz just click on the icon in the start menu and launch it.

peter

Because I was wondering if THAT had anything to do with my serial number not getting registered on my profile.

Hi,

Unlikely - though the serial number you type into the Install sequensce should be kept in part of the Registry.
(obviously, if there's a typing error it should be detected on entry - you would have to be on the far side of "unlucky" to mistype enough keys to re-create another valid code!).

The serial you type into your Auran Profile is the one that's checked when you register.
Obviously, if there's a conflict, Auran administrators are the only people who can view the serial against a user name.
I understand (though I've not looked for this) that sometimes a "Cracked" code can be generated (i.e. one that can be used without buying the product) - in that case, it's often the case that a group of serial numbers may be affected. These may all be "blocked" by the rights holder - you may just happen to have a genuine one that's in a suspect sequence.

Colin

Back