Trainz for Mac...

Macs are improving on the games department nowdays, the latest mac a are good game machines now with fast processors and stuff.;) I still use my pc for games at the moment but I use my iMac for everything else the problem with my particular iMac is it's just the base model good screen and processor but only 9400m 256 mb graphics so I don't no if Trainz is going to be any good.:confused: but it plays x-plane 9 quite well if I had better graphics my iMac would replace my pc by now. But I still think I might get train for my iMac to try it out,wished they had a demo. But still looking forward.:) .

Simple heres what mac software is good for surfing the web and and other processes but macs are not I repeat not gaming material. Windows is better for games not siding with windows. The problem is that beause so little own macs and there cost causes companies to say well look why make things for mac when windows is what most people use so for mac software to come out I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. FYI I have had problems with apple before they claim there perfect yea right!

I found a nice book for you.

You will find that people will be able to understand you.

Does anyone have an idea when the boxed version of Trainz for Mac is coming? I know it sais 'soon' in the news lettres, but are we talking weeks or months?

Simple heres what mac software is good for surfing the web and and other processes but macs are not I repeat not gaming material. Windows is better for games not siding with windows. The problem is that beause so little own macs and there cost causes companies to say well look why make things for mac when windows is what most people use so for mac software to come out I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. FYI I have had problems with apple before they claim there perfect yea right!

Just for grins, but I have to point out that all of the great animation and rendering that you see in your PC games, and most cinematic, movies is nearly always created on a Mac. In terms of hardware, there is no difference between modern Macs and PCs. As for the operating system, Mac is far and away the more stable and secure. Mac OS 8 is widely considered to be the most secure operating system ever developed.

Really, when you think about it, all Winblows has going for it is massive developer support, comparatively speaking. Of course, having to support all of that different software and hardware is what causes the most problems for PCs. When you try to do everything, you end up not doing anything very well.

I say all of this having started in computing before either platform or OS was invented. I have used both pretty much continuously since, along with everything between the Radio Shack pocket computer and recent Cray offerings. I know whereof I speak.

Just for grins, but I have to point out that all of the great animation and rendering that you see in your PC games... is nearly always created on a Mac.

As someone who works in the industry, I suspect you're making that up. I love macs, and my home environment is all-Apple, but let's face it- 3DS MAX doesn't even run on a Mac. If you'd said "print graphics" then you'd have been closer to the mark. Games are generally made on Windows PCs.

As for the operating system, Mac is far and away the more stable and secure. Mac OS 8 is widely considered to be the most secure operating system ever developed.

Mac OS 8? As in classic Mac OS? No chance. It might be secure as in "yeah, it doesn't have any services by default and you have to go and buy separate products for any network services" but beyond that it has almost no security features that would be expected in a modern OS.

Really, when you think about it, all Winblows has going for it is massive developer support, comparatively speaking.

And massive hardware support, which is a curse but also helps account for their marketshare.

cheers,

chris

Not to jump in on the fanboism, but you really can't say that Mac OS X has no security features. While it's true the a lot of Apple's security has been more perceived than actual (obscurity due to low market share), Apple has really changed that recently. Security researchers have found that OS X Lion 'surges ahead' of not only Windows 7 but also Ubuntu. In fact, in terms of security, they call it Windows 7 Plus Plus. Better sandboxing, better ASLR, and better encryption.

At the end of the day, though, it makes no sense for us to stand atop of our PC and Mac ivory towers and see who can pee further (it matters less and less as we enter the post-PC era, anyway). Each of us uses what we feel is better for own use. I feel the Mac is better for my use, and I'm excited that N3V is bringing Trainz to the platform. I just wish they would have brought it to the platform in February when they said in the newsletter that they were 'a few weeks away' from having it ready for the Mac App Store.

Also, the argument against OS X being a gaming system, while very true, is also losing relevancy as the halo effect from some very impressive gaming tech made for iOS makes it back to OS X.

But really, these kinds of capabilities are moving to the web (along with everything else) via technologies like WebGL, so in a couple of years the argument about which platform is a better gaming platform won't be based on the operating system, but what features the web browser supports.

Back