Trainz for Mac...

stevelerro

Owner of K&L Trainz
I was looking around through google and such and saw that Trainz was beta tested 2 years for apple and claims of release in late 2006 were everywhere... what happened to this release?

I'm a MAC at work---- a PC at home..... the only difference is the damn VIRUSES and SPYWARE that infect my PC. Macs have none (yet).

Linux have more "none" (yet) :D
Under WINE www.winehq.org runs my Ubuntu 8.04 fine with TS2009 Beta.
For my Ubuntu I need only to write in the "WINE-Registry" search on the Winehq-Homepage for Trainz.

And I must install the "Ubuntu restrited extras" Package. Then I have the MS-Core-Fonts too.

WINE runs under Apple too or not?

I'm a MAC at work---- a PC at home..... the only difference is the damn VIRUSES and SPYWARE that infect my PC. Macs have none (yet).

Of course Macs don't have viruses. Noone is to stupid to make them:hehe: ... JK. My school has Macs, but I hate them. I'm a PC and still using Microsoft XP Pro.

Matt

I'm A PC, and I use Vista, but only because I was able to get it free AND legally through school. Even if I didn't get Vista free though I'd still be running Win XP.

This is what annoys me. I have to have a PC, so I can run anything. I feel neglected when it comes to software. Why can't there be a generic code for running this stuff? Maybe, then no Apple user would have this problem. Who knows, it might bring a little more revenue. I prefer Apple 10x over PC, because its easier to use, and more friendlier than PC. PC is just boring(Ugh this sounds like an Apple/PC Commercial :p). Vista still sucks, even thought it works for me. Windows Vienna is coming out in 2010(Aka Windows Se7en)

Isaac

so now that everyone has steered away from my topic, I asked what happened to the mac beta, not how much everyone hates pc's. So they stopped testing it and just stopped, and in the meantime release 2 or 3 other pc versions. whats the big wait for the mac version, more and more people are switching to macs and they're they just going to drop during beta... what a shame...

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, the Mac Version went pear shaped, I'm not exaclty sure, but I think if I make a small survey and ask my rail friends if they'd buy a version, I might convince them(who'd listen to a 14 year old anyways?) to reconsider it :p

Isaac

I'm a mac guy here as well and running XP through bootcamp. I think Auran is possibly loosing out on a pretty large potential. I upgraded to a mac book pro to run games like Trainz. I for one would like to see a mac version and think mac users would jump all over it.

So, Bill Gates aside and without starting a mac/pc debate, I wonder what it would take to restart interest in a version of Trainz for mac. It would be nice to loose my Windows partition all together and run it native in OSX. I also have a dual G5 and a 30" monitor that would be, well....nevermind.

So, Bill Gates aside and without starting a mac/pc debate, I wonder what it would take to restart interest in a version of Trainz for mac. It would be nice to loose my Windows partition all together and run it native in OSX. I also have a dual G5 and a 30" monitor that would be, well....nevermind.
I'd guess a larger potential market than at present.

Back