Trainz: A New Era Pre-Orders Have Now Arrived! - Visit our Information Page to find out more.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz for Mac...

Glenolden, Pennsylvania: United States of America

Default Trainz for Mac...

I was looking around through google and such and saw that Trainz was beta tested 2 years for apple and claims of release in late 2006 were everywhere... what happened to this release?

United States of America, Oregon, Portland

They stopped work on it. Nothing was ever released.

I'm a PC.

I'm a MAC at work---- a PC at home..... the only difference is the damn VIRUSES and SPYWARE that infect my PC. Macs have none (yet).

Linux have more "none" (yet)
    Under WINE www.winehq.org runs my Ubuntu 8.04 fine with TS2009 Beta.
    For my Ubuntu I need only to write in the "WINE-Registry" search on the Winehq-Homepage for Trainz.

And I must install the "Ubuntu restrited extras" Package. Then I have the MS-Core-Fonts too.

WINE runs under Apple too or not?

Quote Originally Posted by davesnow View Post
    I'm a MAC at work---- a PC at home..... the only difference is the damn VIRUSES and SPYWARE that infect my PC. Macs have none (yet).
    Of course Macs don't have viruses. Noone is to stupid to make them ... JK. My school has Macs, but I hate them. I'm a PC and still using Microsoft XP Pro.

Matt

I'm A PC, and I use Vista, but only because I was able to get it free AND legally through school. Even if I didn't get Vista free though I'd still be running Win XP.

I'm half mac, half PC because I have bootcamp set up.
    Iced8383
    I Reskin Stuff
    KUID 384591
    My reskins are guaranteed to be made of 100% recycled electrons.

I still run the Mac beta now and again for old times sake.

This is what annoys me. I have to have a PC, so I can run anything. I feel neglected when it comes to software. Why can't there be a generic code for running this stuff? Maybe, then no Apple user would have this problem. Who knows, it might bring a little more revenue. I prefer Apple 10x over PC, because its easier to use, and more friendlier than PC. PC is just boring(Ugh this sounds like an Apple/PC Commercial :P). Vista still sucks, even thought it works for me. Windows Vienna is coming out in 2010(Aka Windows Se7en)

Isaac
    Cheers,
    Isaac

Glenolden, Pennsylvania: United States of America

so now that everyone has steered away from my topic, I asked what happened to the mac beta, not how much everyone hates pc's. So they stopped testing it and just stopped, and in the meantime release 2 or 3 other pc versions. whats the big wait for the mac version, more and more people are switching to macs and they're they just going to drop during beta... what a shame...
    Last edited by stevelerro; November 20th, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

Yeah I agree, the Mac Version went pear shaped, I'm not exaclty sure, but I think if I make a small survey and ask my rail friends if they'd buy a version, I might convince them(who'd listen to a 14 year old anyways?) to reconsider it :P

Isaac
    Cheers,
    Isaac

I'm a mac guy here as well and running XP through bootcamp. I think Auran is possibly loosing out on a pretty large potential. I upgraded to a mac book pro to run games like Trainz. I for one would like to see a mac version and think mac users would jump all over it.

Today I had a go at running TRS09 Beta 2 on my Mac via VMware. It works .... so far.

This thread is a little offensive to Bill Gates. Lord have mercy.