uintah railway

Hate to bring back a dead thread but I would be very interested to know if anyone is still working on a layout and/or loco's and rolling stock for the Uintah Railway:udrool:? I have been interested in the RR for many years. Got the books and video and many links to it. Being known as the "Crooked Railway In The West" and the ridiculous 7.5% grades make it a very interesting railroad.

Hrm2701
i do have alot of equipment drawn up and buildings but i haven't had a computer capable of running trainz and i have been working my fool head off but I'm hoping to get back into trainz soon but ill more active on the fourm till then

i have the model for the flats they used mostly done

and I'm still tinkering with the model of the atchee shops

i have also done the stock car, water car, plow #k1, one of the water towers, and last but not least 2-8-0 #12

Can't help you there as my skills in that area are zero. That's why I'm a "content appreciator". :cool: I do have both books and the DVD Documentary.

just a warning for anyone using the Mack Co route map to make this line, the first 20 miles of it are very inaccurate, Mack itself is ten metres higher than it should be and the whole road up to carbonara is iffy height wise,anyone wanting to make an accurate representation of the grades would have a big problem doing so ( as i have found )
I am going to try to remake it in Transdem and if it works i will eventually load it up on the DLS.
if you look in the screenshots section i have a thread there showing progress , I made a totally new and more accurate topo map in transdem ,i am now up to mp 23 at the moment , ben is working on atchee and mack buildlngs and once i have trackwork laid there I will move then into baxter pass which will be fun!
things will progress faster if some other people are prepared to help with drawings etc, as i am spending a lot of time on research for Ben to make the models when i could be making the route....

Last edited:
Back