UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

After extensively watching shows like the Sweeney, The Professionals, Villain and Robbery, I've decided to backdate my West London Suburbs route to the 70s.
26493926425_d1f8737420_b.jpg

C Stock rumbles past on it's way to Edgeware Road, meanwhile Bob and the misses, discuss the trip into town with their secondhand Hillman Imp.

25889036394_c7243d72ec_b.jpg

A Class 08 wanders across Regan Lane whilst shunting Blakeney Wharf Sidings. I had to include a Mark 2 Jag somewhere, I wonder if it contains the local villains on their way to do a 'blag'.

26401624212_6d490d5617_b.jpg

Alls quiet at Blakeney Chemical works. Lunch Break or are they on strike again?

Nice pics....

Alls quiet at Blakeney Chemical works. Lunch Break or are they on strike again?

...though I do dislike lazy stereotypes of the 1970s - a really great decade when the British people were at their happiest and society was more equal and meritocratic than it had been before, or since.

Paul

Nice pics....

...though I do dislike lazy stereotypes of the 1970s - a really great decade when the British people were at their happiest and society was more equal and meritocratic than it had been before, or since.

Paul

I'm a lefty myself so I don't entirely believe the stereotype, it was meant to be a bit of politically tongue in cheek comment. I agree there, compared to how difficult things are now. Sick of having to pay through the nose for everything from education to overpriced railfares nowadays. Apparantly the 70s were the decade in which the gap between the rich and poor was at it's narrowest.

I'm a lefty myself so I don't entirely believe the stereotype, it was meant to be a bit of politically tongue in cheek comment. I agree there, compared to how difficult things are now. Sick of having to pay through the nose for everything from education to overpriced railfares nowadays. Apparantly the 70s were the decade in which the gap between the rich and poor was at it's narrowest.

That's OK. Didn't mean to be a bit over-sensitive, just a bit fed-up of a whole decade being constantly presented as nothing but strikes and picket lines - which suits the narrative we've been force fed over the last 30 years - but misses out so much else, such as Britain having a railway that was actually worth travelling on!

Paul

Breathtaking beautiful work R3 :Y:

Excellent shots all :D

New retro BR livery for Great Western 43002 "Sir Kenneth Grange "

26690173532_24752ab3d5_b.jpg

26759376586_76111534c0_b.jpg

;)

Flippin 'eck Nexus, that didn't take you long did it! It was only unveiled yesterday! Then again, being a retro livery I suppose you had a good idea of how it would look anyway. ;)
Shame they didn't do a full set.

Excellent pictures all, always very rewarding browsing through the images posted in this thread, likewise rumour3 and Nexus - some lovely scenes there, as usual you're quick off the mark Nexus with the retro HST!!:mop::D

Thanks for the compliments Nexusdj, Gamerouche and Harcourt. Nexusdj- always love your shots.

Harcourt- your 'along UTA lines' route was always one of my favourites. And Gam- it always amused me that you were usually the first with screenshots of any new UK content. Good to see you're both still around.

R3

Back