UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

A Class 40 and a V2 are seen in the Down slow and fast platforms at Thirsk based on this shot from David Hey's railway photo website <a href="http://www.davidheyscollection.com/userimages/00001-b-foster-thirsk-1.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.davidheyscollection.com/userimages/00001-b-foster-thirsk-1.jpg</a>

trainz 2014-05-13 13-49-19-73 par PinzaC55, on ipernity

On glen1974's excellent LMR South 1960's route:

Class_172_20140513_0012_zps75173fe3.jpg

Last edited:
haven't posted in a while -- had exams.Here's the latest progress in scenery on my WIP route47712 leaving Long Barston
rg6oV2J.png
WttU8je.png
txO62fL.png
uU9fVQA.png
gwmiJZJ.png
moo...
fhgKDA3.jpg
isDC09R.jpg
AmnMv8M.jpg
never empty at IKEA
xanMB3M.png
arriving at Blimney
C9IbxmL.jpg
Great pics everyone!-James

Sorry to drag up quite an old post, but what route is this? Is it the GCR route for TS12 by pflindley, modified to depict the modern preserved railway?

Hi,

It's my own DEM based route. Loughborough - Leicester North is not finished, but usable and the DEM for Loughborough-Ruddington is in hand. I live near the GC south of Rugby, so one day hopefully I'll take it as far as Woodford Halse.

D9016 leaving Loughborough Central:

Anthony

Last edited:
Dear Anthony,

This is a lovely view of Loughborough Central and I very much look forward to seeing other views of your reconstruction of the GCR. My own rather amateur efforts have now reached Finmere, but there is still much scenic work to be completed. I do hope that you have as much fun and pleasure that I had in working towards Woodford Halse. I am still amazed that this was the scene of major marshalling yards, particularly during and after WW2 and yet, today, there are very few signs that the GCR ever existed.

Have fun and the best of luck,

Peter.

This is Newton Bay station from my layout Newton Bay-Fictional UK now available on the Download station.

I had to buy a new laptop so this route was done using only items that are already in TS12.

Dear Anthony,

This is a lovely view of Loughborough Central and I very much look forward to seeing other views of your reconstruction of the GCR. My own rather amateur efforts have now reached Finmere, but there is still much scenic work to be completed. I do hope that you have as much fun and pleasure that I had in working towards Woodford Halse. I am still amazed that this was the scene of major marshalling yards, particularly during and after WW2 and yet, today, there are very few signs that the GCR ever existed.

Have fun and the best of luck,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Yours was the inspiration and is an excellent piece of work. I had originally intended to modify your version for my own use, but the track layout is now so different I decided to start again.

Swithland sidings:

It may get released one day however it currently relies on a lot of content that is unavailable, payware or both!

Regards,

Anthony

Last edited:
Nice work all :)
'Eastrail', the TOC in the Fauxham Peninsula now have their own livery, being painted over the original Winstingham MetroCity livery, which is where the trains were cascaded from.
Still not done third rail :)
xKnDt0V.jpg

k5mUZg8.jpg

14236110135_774df8db29_b.jpg

Class 205 still in the early stages of construction, I can't give any dates for release yet. I've always wanted to make a Class 205 for trainz, was part of the Mid Hants Thumper Group briefly, and that's where I fell in love with these units, the English Electric 4SRT makes the best noise by far!

Last edited:
...the English Electric 4SRT makes the best noise by far!
Still have one thumping its way around here periodically. A withdrawn 80 class set has found new life as the sandite train, though whether it will last another season is a different matter, as NIR aim to procure an MPV to do the job.

Still have one thumping its way around here periodically. A withdrawn 80 class set has found new life as the sandite train, though whether it will last another season is a different matter, as NIR aim to procure an MPV to do the job.
There is one driving car from a 80 class in the mainline UK so at least one will survive for quite a while...

There is one driving car from a 80 class in the mainline UK so at least one will survive for quite a while...
I take it you mean 8099? That won't be anywhere near a mainline without an engine. It was purchased for spares for ELR's own class 207. Last info I have is that the engine was removed and the interior stripped. I believe it's now used as a store although it is on accomodation bogies.

I take it you mean 8099? That won't be anywhere near a mainline without an engine. It was purchased for spares for ELR's own class 207. Last info I have is that the engine was removed and the interior stripped. I believe it's now used as a store although it is on accomodation bogies.
Indeed I am talking about 8099 it has provided some useful bits for 1305, the engine is out and in a mineral wagon it is on B5 bogeys and is in use by the Class 15 Group...

Back