New USA Mountain Shortline - Large Pics (1024 x 786)

billm001

Hi! I am a newbie wanting to try loading some images of my railroad. It is a 38 mile long shortline / bridge route with a heavy coal and lumber base. It has numerous branches, spurs, and industries.

Let's see if this works ok.....

EveningManifesttoDepart.jpg

Thank you very much....

Thank you for the feedback. I entered this pic into the grade crossing voting in the theme of the week thread.

Here, the coal local has just left the main line (in the foreground) onto the Babcock Spur with empties for the mine.

BabcokJctGradeCrossings.jpg

Sorry, I didn't notice the question earlier -- the route is ficticious but is loosely place in central Pennsylvania. You are very observant about the MoPac power on the lead unit. Good job!! :cool:

The MoPac unit is leased power and is leading the freight out of Grafton Yard. As you can see, they haven't even opened the switch yet for the main line. At the time the photo was snapped, the crew was receiving a track warrant for the trip east.

Second that! :udrool: :udrool: :udrool:

While we're here, can you tell us where the route is located? I think I see some MoPac power... :D

Very nice screen.:) :wave:

May I ask where that track can be located?
Thanks.

Cheers,
Adam

Thanks Adam :) . If you are asking where in the USA the route is based, it is loosely based in Pennsylvania and is a freelanced fictitious route.

I appreciate everyone's kind words and feedback. :)

Thanks, billm001. I think Adam was talking about what site he can find theat particular track at. :wave:

WoW !

That track looks pretty realistic, I think so too ! May I also ask what type track it is and where to get it ? Looking forward to more of your screenshots. How did you do the night photo ? with available light ? I have a great interest in Pennslyvania RR's and branchlines, and am looking forward to communicating with anyone creating a route in PA or the Appalachian Mts. Presently I am working on a PRR route from Altoona to Johnstown, the Horseshoe, Muleshoe Curves, Wopsy RR, and several other branch lines (era 1920).

Thanks, billm001. I think Adam was talking about what site he can find theat particular track at. :wave:

Oh - sorry. Now I understand.

I have not yet posted the layout to a site at this time. I would love to share the layout.

I have completed an 12 page essay "tour" of the line and its branches and industries, a 34 page employee timetable that includes track charts and schematics for the entire line, train symbols and their destinations and service areas, a list of industries and their commodities and the commodity's destination, and speed limits and special rules. --- I have also made a 11 page operating rule book that is loosely based on Conrail's old Form D operation.

The drawbacks that I think would stop anyone from wanting my layout is that it is heavily scenic with lots of details and would not work well on low end graphics machines. Also, the operation is Form D "track warrant" operation and therefore the layout contains no lighted trackside signals -- only block limit signals or stations.

I could post the 12 page route "tour" somewhere (I don't know how to post pdf files anywhere) and folks could read the tour to see if the layout would be of interest.

That track looks pretty realistic, I think so too ! May I also ask what type track it is and where to get it ? Looking forward to more of your screenshots. How did you do the night photo ? with available light ? I have a great interest in Pennslyvania RR's and branchlines, and am looking forward to communicating with anyone creating a route in PA or the Appalachian Mts. Presently I am working on a PRR route from Altoona to Johnstown, the Horseshoe, Muleshoe Curves, Wopsy RR, and several other branch lines (era 1920).

Thanks cascaderailroad -- the track was created by Betriebsleiter who can be located by searching user name in the DLS.

The night shot was done by making sure the gamma in the options was high enough to make look like a well lit moon night.

The railroad is based on PRR's secondary / branchline operation. The names you will see in the route are based in the Central PA area but are not attempts at recreating any real life line "true to form"

An early morning empty coal train is passing the abandoned tipple near Maxfield on the Pleasantville Secondary. The empties are bound for Mine 78 on the Coal Creek Branch - which leaves this track about 3 miles ahead.

CoalTrainatMaxfield.jpg

This is a distant overview of the Curry Mill of the Babcock Lumber Company. This mill is at the end of the short but steep Paint Creek Branch.

CurryMill.jpg

Last edited:
Your link does not work...Everytime I click on it I get this here:

Seconds to wait
FREE DOWNLOAD MODE

And then it quits when its done :confused:

Your link does not work...Everytime I click on it I get this here:

Seconds to wait
FREE DOWNLOAD MODE

And then it quits when its done :confused:

Sorry its not working for you. :eek: I just tested it again and when I do it I see that after the timer finishes its counts down, it asks you to enter the code displayed on the image shown near the time. Then you can click the button nearby that says "download this file"

Thanks!

Back