New USA Mountain Shortline - Large Pics (1024 x 786)

Some photos from this morning's chase of the Pleasantville local.

cee023acec8fc9dc8c18103eeac24ba0.jpg

Good morning! Someone is out boating bright and early as we first intercepted the train. Two ex-BNSF rent-a-wreck SD40s for power.

335fbc6382d5d92b7273a33643ff825e.jpg

Stereotypical bridge shot No. 1

b803451ba6acb61e26f8f1a87275240e.jpg

Stereotypical bridge shot No. 2

3cedce6f2fe035c62ce871119069345c.jpg

Slowly rolling onto the team track at Pleasantville to get their work orders for the few industries in town.

e0f666f4f8ac95cedfc70e595150dd00.jpg

The tag team of six-axle motors rolls across the rapidly deteriorating tracks that lead back to the industry across Main street. This crew always has Hulcher on speed dial :p

Thanks for a great route, Bill. It's always been one of my favorites!

-Steve​

Some photos from this morning's chase of the Pleasantville local.

The tag team of six-axle motors rolls across the rapidly deteriorating tracks that lead back to the industry across Main street. This crew always has Hulcher on speed dial :p

Thanks for a great route, Bill. It's always been one of my favorites!

-Steve

Thank you for the great pictures and feedback Steve! I am glad that you and others have enjoyed something that I really never thought anyone else would ever see or appreciate.

Bill

Greetings fans of the P&BRR! I have been on a very long hiatus. Real life is just that...real life. :) But wanted to update you all on what I've been doing concerning the Pennsy & Berwind. I've reinstalled on my newer PC than what I'd built back in '11. I upgraded motherboard, processor, GPU, etc. back in January '15.

Joe and I have been in touch via email regarding his Let's Build series on YouTube regarding the brand new P&B for Trainz '12, TANE, and Trainz Model Railroad 2017. Below is the link for that series. I encourage any fan of BillM's masterful route to watch the work that abcdfaqoz (Joe) has carried forward into a new era of Trainz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vviV9FUcSo (Introduction and as of today; 12/12/2016, there are 5 parts w/ much more to come!)

As for me, and my involvement of the P&BRR, you can count on me being it's biggest; ok maybe second-biggest fanboy!

I updated all of my broken Photobucket links in this very thread. I have all of my original P&B pictures from '09 WBE version of Trainz! The good ole' originals. You can find those by simply revisiting this thread. I encourage everyone to do so and see a lot of the handiwork that BillM and others have put in to this wonderful route.

My next step is to get Trainz '09 reinstalled and see at each version how the original P&B looks and runs. Hopefully most of it translates, but I believe Joe, you said that it doesn't port well in to '12 at least? I'm sure TANE and TMR '17 have issues w/ the much older assets. Well anyways, hopefully those that enjoy(ed) this route can find it very enjoyable w/ the original in the older versions and eventually Joe's release in TANE and TMR '17!

BillM, I hope we hear from you, and hope you're doing well! I personally find encouragement from the Master Builder of the P&B and of course Joe's wonderful YT Let's Build series! Thanks again so much for many years of continuous enjoyment of the P&B guys and here's to many more!

Regards, Brian

PS: Here's one from TANE C&O Hinton Division; a tip 'o the hat, sort-of to the P&B.

Original Post by me on Pg. 18 of this very thread...image taken w/ Trainz '09 WBE
Shawnee Branch - Youghiogheny River

The Babcock Mining Company (BMCX) Local runs the Shawnee Branch towards Allegheny. EMDX #819 (ex-PC) leased by BMCX leads BMCX #1 (ex-PC #7728). They'll drop the coal cars at the Allegheny Yard before returning along the same route back to Babcock Mining Co.

TANE: C&O Hinton Divison (a sort-of pre-quel to the original post)

ex-Penn Central GP38-2 #7728 still in it's PC livery is about to take a local consist up to the Babcock Mining Co. There it will receive a refresh of paint (PC logo and Penn Central painted-out in black) and it's new Babcock Mining Co. lettering and BMCX #1 numbering. There she will start a new life hauling coal and supplies to and from the mine. With the comeback of coal for the country's energy needs, the Babcock Mining Co. will once again be the Queen of Coal on the Pennsylvania & Berwind Railroad!.

Last edited:
Heya Cascade!

Yah, it's a true enjoyment. I'm going to spend some time today to get some more assets going in '10 at least, so I can kind of rebuild what I had and pick up where I left off. But ever looking forward, I'm so looking forward to Joe's eventual release of the new version of the P&B!

Do you have the P&B still running?

Thank you for the great effort

:wave: This is going to be a special Xmas for sure with this coming back to life update, I just recently, went to T:ANE and dropped my other 32 Bit Trainz stuff on my WIN 10 Platform. This will make a nice fit.:Y:

I'll be going to YouTube to watch the series.....You Tube is one of my favorites for show casing Routes etc..........I bid you a good week sir.

I can't take all of the credit...

:wave: This is going to be a special Xmas for sure with this coming back to life update, I just recently, went to T:ANE and dropped my other 32 Bit Trainz stuff on my WIN 10 Platform. This will make a nice fit.:Y:

I'll be going to YouTube to watch the series.....You Tube is one of my favorites for show casing Routes etc..........I bid you a good week sir.

Hiya Blue!

It's good to see some more interest here, and hopefully that will build over time. But, I certainly cannot claim credit other than being a huge fan of BillM's classic route. Also, abcdfaqoz, aka Joe (Approach Medium on YT) with his rebuild of the classic in TANE certainly is the major part of a huge revival of the P&BRR! I'm just here to assist him and BillM in keeping this as one of the premiere routes for Trainz from '04 on up through T:ANE and TMR '17. I need to pick that up so I can check out his work on the Franklin Ave. Industrial and the other nice model routes.

Have a good one and here's to more!

Regards, Brian

Back