BNSF Seligman Sub In The Works!

chrisracer8903

Michigan Trainz
I've been quiet for a while, but not anymore! I am still working on the Pacific Harbor Line, but there are some things I need help with so in the mean time: I am working on the BNSF Seligman Sub. I am modeling the sub from Needles, California to Flagstaff Yard in Flagstaff, Arizona. The route crosses Kingman Canyon, Crozier Canyon, the Crookton Cutoff and thru the Alpines to Flagstaff. I have only been working on the Kingston area this evening and this is what I've done: Kingman Canyon.

Kingman Canyon is a section where the double-track mainline splits where one is at ground-level and the other is in the depth of the canyon floor. the line (going east) reconnects right before downtown Kingman, Arizona.

bnsfss1qc9.jpg

bnsfss2iu7.jpg

A view of the south cliffs of the canyon.
bnsfss3gu3.jpg

A BNSF train waits at a red light, going to Needles and we see a good veiw of the north ridge of the canyon.
bnsfss4wy2.jpg

This route is mostly mainline. There is a few sidings in Seligman and Pica, and there is Flagstaff and Needles Yard, but the rest is mainline thru the great southwest of BNSF and former Santa Fe. -Chris

Ahh crap! I was gonna suggest one (BNSF Aurora Sub) but since you've already started, no worries. But hey, I like your style- BNSF! And I admire you that you can take on multiple projects at once and still get them finished! Looks great!

Thats like this one for msts right?​

Yup. I'm modeling the route from Kingman to Flagstaff, Arizona for sure, but I am not sure yet on Needles, California. I may just build a stretch of open area where I will put Needles Yard. To make the route more complete. I will include the yard in Flagstaff. -Chris​

Yea but if one track can go there, probably another one can too. Unless there is unit trains such as grain that couldn't make the steep hill and need more gentle route. Anyways, looks great!

Yea but if one track can go there, probably another one can too. Unless there is unit trains such as grain that couldn't make the steep hill and need more gentle route. Anyways, looks great!

basicaly i guess because as you said the long grain train cant go up the steep hill and it would be easier to run in on a flatter track even if it is longer. on the other hand pssenger or piggyback trains can take the steeper route and cut of some time.

This route in MSTS was the inspiration for my Desert Wood Route. As you know I like desert routes so if you need any assistance let me know. I also downloaded the fishlips DEM but never got started.

Looks good. I was just out there last month, drove from Las Vegas to Phoenix, and passed through Kingman. You have captured it nicely.

Back