BNSF Seligman Sub In The Works!

Yea but if one track can go there, probably another one can too. Unless there is unit trains such as grain that couldn't make the steep hill and need more gentle route. Anyways, looks great!

From the video, the most common thing shipped are containers.

john

Time for an update as I am working east to Flagstaff! Still got lots to do! :)

bnsf1kg4.jpg

Here's a train coming from Kingman Canyon and is about to pass thru downtown Kingman by the Santa Fe Depot. The Amtrak Southwest Cheif runs on the Seligman Sub and stops at the station. Kingman is also a town next to the Route 66.
bnsf2pn7.jpg

Outside of Kingman. Heading twords Williams.
bnsf3yc6.jpg

The open stretch as you see Williams in the distance.
bnsf4oe0.jpg

Here's the train passing the curve at Hackberry and a meet with an intermodal heading to Los Angeles.
bnsf5db2.jpg

Crossing Crozier Road
bnsf6ew5.jpg

Heading twords Crozier Canyon.
bnsf7zy5.jpg

Here's a ruined house that is from the 1800's and is still there today. It's a landmark by the state of Arizona (True fact!).

Tomarrow: Crozier Canyon! -Chris

I've been quiet for a while, but not anymore! I am still working on the Pacific Harbor Line, but there are some things I need help with so in the mean time: I am working on the BNSF Seligman Sub. I am modeling the sub from Needles, California to Flagstaff Yard in Flagstaff, Arizona. The route crosses Kingman Canyon, Crozier Canyon, the Crookton Cutoff and thru the Alpines to Flagstaff. I have only been working on the Kingston area this evening and this is what I've done: Kingman Canyon.

Kingman Canyon is a section where the double-track mainline splits where one is at ground-level and the other is in the depth of the canyon floor. the line (going east) reconnects right before downtown Kingman, Arizona.

A view of the south cliffs of the canyon.

A BNSF train waits at a red light, going to Needles and we see a good veiw of the north ridge of the canyon.
bnsfss4wy2.jpg

This route is mostly mainline. There is a few sidings in Seligman and Pica, and there is Flagstaff and Needles Yard, but the rest is mainline thru the great southwest of BNSF and former Santa Fe. -Chris

Did you make that Crossbuck? Just asking.

yes, you will get yo hear the C44's roar, but thats the uphill climb. the downhill drop is using your guts and the trainbrake. the dynamic brake creates a whine, not a roar. i know this for fact, as i have been in an actual loco cab and heard the dynamic brakes working.

Yes, I know they whine. I haven't heard one in real life but I have many videos and it's easy to pick the sound up and tell that they're in breaking. Dynamic brakes do NOTHING in Trainz.

Last edited:
yes, you will get yo hear the C44's roar, but thats the uphill climb. the downhill drop is using your guts and the trainbrake. the dynamic brake creates a whine, not a roar. i know this for fact, as i have been in an actual loco cab and heard the dynamic brakes working.

They don't always whine, on a cabride video the DBs were on N7 on an SD40-2 and I couldn't hear a thing.

Last edited:
ok lets just say all 3 off you are noobs and that dynamic breaks sometimes whine and sometimes roar. :D

Back