TUTORIAL: How to use Topo Maps in Trainz

G'day backyard,

Why do you ask when, by your own admission, you appear to have visited the web site? A single user licence for the current version (v10) will cost US$299.00!

Jerker {:)}

Could you please give a fresh link for the file - custom_shaders.rar.

The link mentioned below is dead :( .

Thanks in Advance:) .

You don't need it. You can use the Global Mapper's "Global Shaders" instead.
However, if you want it anyway, please send me a private message with your email address, and I will send you the "custom shaders" file.

Scale reduced maps in Surveyor

A geotiff dem can be exported at scale, with GM, using the XYZ Grid Export Option by modifying the values of Scale Factors X/Y/Z values in the Coordinate Offset/Scale dialog box. At 1/2 scale, for example, we are using the 0,5 value.

Unfortunately Global Mapper appears to cost "an arm and a leg" (Just checked and it looks as though a single user licence costs $499!).
I cannot find "Microdem", I just get an error message. Does anyone know if this is available elsewhere?
HOG appears to need Microdem... HELP!

Last edited:
From what I can make out in the tutorial it seems to be alot of effort, I mean for TranzDEM the hardest part is finding a STRM on Google, the rest is just draw a path, select which type of map you want to follow this path, select the area and export to trainz. The only problem with it is that sometimes it doesn't export if the area is too big like 20+ baseboards. It would be interesting if we had someone with both applications for a comparison

Back