New CP Route In Wisconsin WIP

where did you get that CP engine and btw nice screenshots can't wait!!!:D ;)

That I don't know.....Sorry.....And thanks for the comments :)....Will have some more up tonight.....Hopefully I can get back out there before it gets dark...It stopped raining and the sun is out...But right now I am heading out to eat ;)

Well today I sat at Duplainville to see what I could catch.....Was pretty lucky when I pulled up.....Caught 2 trains in less then 7 mins of me being here...Talk about luck.....First train I caught was the U700 Rock Job coming back up from the south and he was heading into the siding to meet with a CN Potash Run-Thru train B786....
Here are the shots.....

Here we see the U700 slow for the switch up ahead to take the siding to make the meet with train 786

Our next shot is the 786 making the bend coming into Duplainville

A close up shot of the CN power

And the last 3 are some of the cars on this train (Thanks Steve) :)

One cool thing about this route is....You don't have to run the modern day stuff.....Like for instance....Here we catch 2 older shots before these 2 lines became the CP and UP...

First shot we see is a SOO transfer run coming thru Watertown

and

Second shot we see the CNW turn that runs to Jefferson's malt plant

Tomorrow will be some more WSOR action....Just have to get there at the right time and wait :)

Last edited:
Well today was a GREAT day to go RR fanning....Got all the gear packed up and headed out to Watertown to catch the WSOR local that comes into town....One good thing is....As soon as we got there...The crossing lights lit up and he came flying into town

Today he has some cars to set out in the lil WSOR yard

Pulling into the WSOR yard he spots his cars

Pulling into one of there online industries a tank car needs to be pulled out

Running LHF he drags his only car back towards Madison

Till next time.....:wave:

WCL, awesome job you have there, i just want to ask where you got your grasses, they look nice.
Thanks.
Sean

Well another day.....Back at Duplainville we caught the Green Bay coal train...This once was ran by UP but now that their contract ran out...BNSF picked it up :)

Till next time :wave:

Well another update on this route....I have made this route a lil longer then I wanted to...I have now made it go all the way down to Bensenville IL where the big CP yard is...I also added Schiller Park for the WC's intermodal trains....

Tonights train was the WC T219 that was just about to leave Schiller Park...Its about 1am and he just got a clear to head out to the main on onto the CP....Normally this train does not run on the CP but seeing that I am modeling the CP...I made this train run on the CP all the way up to Duplainville and then back onto the WC line and head up to Green Bay

Here are the pix:

T219 is just about ready to pull from Schiller Parks yard...The airport is in the back

With a highball from the dispatcher....T219 heads north

Heading across the CP mainline at Bensenville

Some of T219's cars

Treading its train thru downtown Bensenville to get on the CP mainline at a whopping 15 MPH...Once it hits the CP mainline...Its time to highball like grease lightning

Now on the CP mainline its time to make up some time

At Duplainville T219 hops off the CP and onto home rails of the WC...Now it will make it up thru Fondy and then onto Green Bay

Thats all for now...Will get some day light trains 2morrow and some shots around Milwaukee on the UP and WSOR in town......

Another update...This area is not done yet...But just shows some progress of this area...I have someone that lives in the area that will help me with this spot and I will try and get as much detail in this area as possible....

This here is the area in Rondout where the CP crosses the EJ&E

Sounds good Blutorse4792....I am on it now....Like I said...It is a start...I am not done with that area yet.....

Also here is another pic to add today.....At 7am T218 sits out side of Schiller Park as it waits for a clear to come into the yard....

Time for a lil UP action around the Milwaukee Area

Well its 7am and its very hot and humid and its time to catch the UP local that comes out of Mitchell Yard and comes on duty at 7am.....We are set up just a lil north of Mitchell Yard where the line crosses the CP....As you can see that the crew even has the door open to get some fresh air in...But it wont help...There is no breeze....

Hopping off the UP tracks and onto the CP tracks to head out into the industrial park

With todays train...It looks like its just going to make a run to Wal-Mart to drop off a reefer and some boxcars and then head back to the yard and get some more work that needs to be done....They might end up switching out the yard......(just what they LOVE) :hehe:

Coming to a stop to cut from the cars and run around the train to push the cars to the unloading ramps

Shoving the cars up to the ramps to be unloaded

And heading back to Mitchell yard

Last edited:
Back