New CP Route In Wisconsin WIP

Very good work there,i'm in the midst of creating a "close as possible" recreation of Altoona and around Horseshoe Curve and maybe a little bit west,are those orange leaved trees in game or did you download them from DLS because those will help me in making the route. Thanks.

Well didn't get no work done tonight but ran one train tonight in the dark as you can see here :)...Caught it in the Dells and caught it in Duplainville

Now for another RR that works on this line....The WSOR in Watertown...I pretty much have the WSOR area done in Watertown with their lil yard they got and there 2 industries they serve (if they dont serve them in real life...As they have some tracks coming off from the WSOR line....They do on here at least :D ...That way you can have some WSOR switching and interchanging done with the CP and WSOR)

Today we caught the local that comes into town...Not many cars today as this line just opened up to the WSOR....."Well on TRS that is" :hehe:

Here we see him coming into town

Then we see him back down the spur to drop off the cars

He then heads up to the WSOR yard and pulls some other cars that were left there

And heads out of town towards Madison

Thanks....I still will go back and add some more track-side detail and stuff...But this is just to show what it will look like....:cool:

Thanks....More will be done on er 2morrow...Might put in the UP tracks next...They don't have a yard...Just a diamond and a split off to hit CP tracks and thats it....They might do some sorting in the CP or WSOR yard...Not sure....But when the route is out...You can do whatever you want :)......Look for them 2morrow :wave: "pix that is"

so this route, contians U.P. trackage but no yard for it, a diamond and a cutoff right

Yup....This is pretty much it right here....

Now for the other RR that runs on this route and over the CP mainline here in Watertown....The UP...ex-CNW...

Today we were in Watertown when we heard the Jefferson turn come into town.....A UP GP15 and a GP38-2 lead todays grain train over the CP diamond on its way to the malt plant in Jefferson....

Last edited:
Well seeing that I was in the area for the CP trains...Nothing else was running at the time on the UP....So I headed to Portage to head over to a motel for the night.....When I came into town I heard off in the distance a horn blast....Sounded like an ES unit...So when I was coming into town and just about to turn down to the yard office...I pulled over and watched him cross the main drag right before the office

Seeing that he was slowing down I knew he must be in for a crew change....So I took off around the corner and headed over to the depot...Sure is heck...Here they are swapping crews where this new crew will take it over towards Minnesota tonight

After they took off for the night...I talked to some of the crew members to see what was going on and how the trains were running.....Seeing that I am in the area...I figure I might as well stick around and see what else I can find...So 2morrow will be a new day with some day shots :)

looks great man im working on the CP Fox Lake sub, North Central Service one that CN uses, And the Up north Line to Kenosha (started yesterday) but these are all metras and maybe amtrak and some frieght.:Y:

looks great man im working on the CP Fox Lake sub, North Central Service one that CN uses, And the Up north Line to Kenosha (started yesterday) but these are all metras and maybe amtrak and some frieght.:Y:

Cool....Ya will have to make a new post with some pix of the route :cool:

Can't wait for tomorow then. ;)
Awesome shots J, love the route and presentation! :D

Woke up this morning...Sunny as can be and thought "wow this is going to be a sweet day for RR fanning"....Went out to Perkins for some breakfast got my original 5 pancakes and some OJ....Looked outside and seen some clouds starting to roll in....Went on my cell phone quick and looked at the weather...And wouldn't ya know......RAIN!!!!!! RAIN!!!!!!!!!! and guess what.....MORE RAIN!!!!!!!! What a poopy day.....While I was eating the skies turned black and the clouds blanketed the sky.....Light rain started to fall and when I got done eating...Out to the car I went...Headed over to the yard but once I was headed over there...The skies opened up and it began to pour.......Only shot 2 shots today due to the bad weather.....If it clears up I'll go out and shoot some more....

Here is what I caught....Nothing great:

Back