New CP Route In Wisconsin WIP

Just another typical COKE train heading thru La Crosse

And a few of Amtraks Empire Builder train #7 between Wisconsin Dells and Tomah

Wisconsin Dells

Farm outside Tomah

Tomah

Last edited:
Thanx....Still got a ways to go on er....I am trying to make it get to Milwaukee....The Milwaukee area is going to be a pain in the padded arse.....Right now I am at Portage, trying to lay in the yard...Ugh....Kinda hard to do with only an aerial view of er....Cant see how many tracks or where they all lay....So I have to try and measure it out like I have been doing for all the yards so far......

Anyone have a map of the Portage Yard???? lol.......Anyone.......Anyone........Anyone........lol :hehe:
I got one... but no pic...
The yard has a passing siding north of the single-trainck CP Main, and then 11 yard tracks.
Tracks 1, 2, 10, and 11 (counting north from the siding) are the longest being about 2500 ft each.
Tracks 3-9 are about 1500 ft each.

In fact I have a track plan of the whole route if you're interested...
no pics until the school year starts, but I can help you like above...

Last edited:
Yeah, I still gotta get the yard in there...Havent done anything yet east of Wi Dells....I wanna see if Steve can make the Portage yard once....But I know hes been super busy.....So I dont know what to do yet with that.....I personally never got to study the yard when I was there a while back, like oh say 6 years or so ago.....But I know Steve knows it really well ;)

Yes that's what I meant, 11 yard tracks, the main, and the siding, only I was numbering them north from the siding, 1 being 2, 2 being 3, not by their official numbers...
but the numbers don't really matter for trainz, do they?

So how far south is the TS12+ version gonna venture? Ya know, Bensenville is only a hop, skip, stone's throw, and 125 miles or so from Muskego... ;)

Lookin' good, W. I always liked your shots from the Dells area, I'll be up that way at the beginning of August.

Lookin' good, W. I always liked your shots from the Dells area, I'll be up that way at the beginning of August.

Thanx......

Steveo241 these are for you then:

A CP Sulfur Trains leads its way east thru Wisconsin Dells with a mixed bag of power......CP SD40-2, a CP SD40-2F and a SD90

The amtraktrak dells station is actually right at the edge of downtown (not the waterparks, but like a small-town downtown. I can't tell if you've done it tis way or not, but you third shot doesn't look quite right... (however maybe the downtown is behind the camera and I can't see it)

These are some beautiful routes. Makes me Miss Wisconsin.

Yeah...It is a nice place to live.....Nice route to run as well....Once I get most of it done that is.....lol....Lots of farm land and such to go.....The bigger cities are done mostly, I got this route as from La Crosse all the way to Wisconsin Dells....But will keep going east on er.....Once I get Portage Yard done I can keep going

Just to let you know, I released a few more billboards specific to that area (the Dells). They are approved, and should drop with the next day.

Just to let you know, I released a few more billboards specific to that area (the Dells). They are approved, and should drop with the next day.

Awesome.....Will for sure have to snatch them up and pop on this route....I did add that one water park one....But will for sure swap them out for these new ones :Y:

Thanx

Back