New CP Route In Wisconsin WIP

Went to New Lisbon where the start of the CN Valley Sub up to Wausau begins and our first train we catch is train 884 to Weston

Last edited:
A lone SOO GP40 leads a short empty ballast train towards the Mathy ballast pit, when it gets loaded, it will sit here at New Lisbon in the siding to wait for a West bound to pick it up and take it over towards La Crosse

Caught an empty grain train from Chicago heading towards La Crosse here at Raymore

We then caught him passing some Blue Angels that were doing some formations over the Fort McCoy Army Base and some tanks heading out to the range with a few hummers

We then caught him coming into Fort McCoy

And now heading for La Crosse

Last edited:
Went over to Fort McCoy to catch some switching action going on over there.... Couldn't get to many pix due to security and such, so I just grabbed only a few....

Coming from the engine house getting ready to cross hwy 21

Heading to the storage track to pick up some empty flats and some empty boxcars

Grabbed the cars and time to head back to the CP mainline where the next train will pick em up

Also got a helicopter ride over the base and shot a pic

Two SOO LINE SD60's power up as they pull their coke train East through the pouring rain past the La Crosse, WI Amtrak station. This rain has caused slight flooding all over the area. The passengers that are inside are all waiting for their Amtrak ride, which is running over three hours late.

A matched set of red SOO SD60s gives a retro 90's feel with a loaded coke train headed east Through La Crosse Wisconsin

The local heads out of the yard here at La Crosse where it will head east to West Salem where it will switch out the industries in town

The West Salem local heads into town to drop off some cars before tying up in town for the day

Daily CP train 198 heads thru West Salem on its way towards Chicago

Coming thru Wisconsin Dells, as 198 crosses over the strip of shops here in town.....The waterparks behind me sure are hopping today.....Wish I was there on a day like this

Last edited:
Back