Timber Ridge Line, 30 miles of fun

Screenshot_1129.jpg

Screenshot_1137.jpg

Screenshot_1141.jpg

hahahahaha, that did not take long lol

I re skinned Magiclands southern streamliner earlier today. i lost my job today, so I made myself feel better by working with Trainz, good medicine

Its actually a combination of textures from like 3 of his streamlined cars, and I'm not yet finished, but I have to get his permission before I can pass them out

Coaches appear to be SG.

The 4-6-2 is a reskin--I'm attempting to find the original author in an attempt to release it. I thought it was Euphod, but no, he reskinned the original also...

hahahahaha, that did not take long lol

I re skinned Magiclands southern streamliner earlier today. i lost my job today, so I made myself feel better by working with Trainz, good medicine

Its actually a combination of textures from like 3 of his streamlined cars, and I'm not yet finished, but I have to get his permission before I can pass them out

Sorry to hear about your job. The cars look awesome.

Ive already neglected NF for a good 2 months now, maybe now I will have a little extra time to play it

Small update on my progress

I have reset almost all the production rates, and replaced all the background scenery, so the basic settings session is pretty much done. Like before, I recommend all sessions be based off of the basic settings session, otherwise you will have to go through the entire layout in order to set production rates and put rail cars where they are needed. There are only a hand full of railcars used as background objects, but this allows them to be placed

I have reset the speed limit along the dual gauge main line, for both narrow and standard gauge the limit will be 40 MPH, I tested the K-28's at 29 MPH and they ran fine (fastest speed I could reach), an looked pretty good (I heard that the K-28s could make 50 MPH in real life). so once your on the main, feel free to open up the throttle and pull back on the Johnson bar.

I also set up the track markers, however I will warn everyone, it is very very complicated. Added next to the current markers, there are a huge number of track markers to sort through to find the correct one.

Another warning, each switch on the Dual gauge line consists of two harps. because of how the track was built, this is required for operation. Each harp is labeled either NG or SG. Narrow Gauge and Standard Gauge. If your in a Narrow gauge engine and set a standard gauge switch, the narrow gauge switch will not set. Each harp can be viewed from either side, and I found it easiest to switch the harps for each gauge by viewing them from one side for Standard Gauge, and the other for Narrow gauge.

I should be able to do some more work once I get home today, should have another update later this week. I'm getting very close to beta testing

Another small update, and a few pictures to go with it. finally after trying for two weeks to sit down and test the expansion in depth in cab mode, I was able to make a few needed changes. The grade out of Timber ridge, from the timber ridge side is pretty easy to climb. I was able to take the K-28 with 10 unloaded class 6 stock cars plus a caboose up the 1.5-3.5% grade. since the grade is not constant, she gets more then enough traction going up.

The other side however, is a very different story. It is between 3.4-3.8% for the whole length, which is about 2/3 of a mile. Short, but steep, I was unable to get the K-28 up with 150 tons behind her, so I added some infrastructure in La Forge for helper locomotives (small water tower and a coal shed), and there is now a siding on the Timber ridge side to switch the helper if needed, or you can take it the whole 5 miles to timber ridge, whatever is more fun.

I am just about ready for a beta release, if anyone is interested, please PM me

Screenshot_1268.jpg

Switching in the Timber Ridge Downtown Yard (perhaps the most recognized part of the layout)
Screenshot_1278.jpg

Screenshot_1299.jpg

Screenshot_1306.jpg

Screenshot_1331.jpg

Turing 470 around in Prower
Screenshot_1345.jpg

Flying at 31 MPH through the open desert
Screenshot_1351.jpg

Screenshot_1359.jpg

A 3 foot gauge diesel helper aids 470 up the steep 3.8% grade
Screenshot_1364.jpg

Hmmmm...I wonder if I could reskin that diesel into a close replica of the D&RGW 3000?
It looks strangely realistic even as is!

Todd's steam locomotives have an auto fireman feature, which allows you to be just the engineer rather then being the engineer and fireman. Since the only engines that work in cab mode right now are the K-28 and K-36 class, I decided that rather then using the K-36 as a helper, I would use a diesel

makes everything a little easier. I hope that Todd will release the updated K-27s, RGS 20 and C-16s so that they too will work in cab mode soon, it would spare me from having to use the diesel

search "End of the Line" on the DLS. Whecsailor made them during NarrowGauges porter project. it was modified from his old 0-4-0 porter

Back