NYCTA! pics!

Okay. I will look into it for you and let you know what I come up with. It should be a month or so, as I've got some other projects back-logged.

-A :wave:

Still in the works for the new R142/A Texture pack and I thought I stop for a little to implement the script into the R142 and it works as well!

Line 3
Fy5kohU.jpg

fNGDrdK.jpg

6SWGQCO.jpg

Line 4
P3Q8ZqR.jpg

ijT0UV8.jpg

m6eA4He.jpg

It's a good thing I have a DestSign script template in my thumb drive! Maybe I should make a tutorial on how to implement their DestSigns onto a locomotive/subway transit! I should be finished the day after Halloween (maybe). Now I need a little fix on the animation speed. because I don't know HOW am I can convert time from seconds to frames (like how many frames each destsign cycle takes. For example, one sign says "7th Av EXP" for 10 frames, then moves to the nest sign for 5 seconds, and restarts the cycle over again endless).

You don't need to convert from seconds to frames. Set the frame speed to 0.25 and you will be fine. Texture pack will be to you by Monday at the latest. Be sure to credit me lol

You don't need to convert from seconds to frames. Set the frame speed to 0.25 and you will be fine. Texture pack will be to you by Monday at the latest. Be sure to credit me lol

oh ok. thanks for the tip! I'll be finished with the pack first, then I'll check on yours. Then I may have to go back into the source and change the UV textures. Which may take a hour or 2.

Not sure if u are in the works for any model at this time, but If you like, I can help you how to start with blender & 3DS Max. I'm a PRO at both of those.

Yes. I heard you made the M8. If you have AIM or Facebook, please send me a PM with those names so we can get into contact more. Your reputation seems to be really good, and we might be interested in hiring you to be a part of the BDC Projects development team.

I posted on the BDC website, but the slow-down in getting you the textures is because I have to create .texture.txt files for all the textures and set up a config for the texture library. I'm dedicating today to that, so by tonight or early tomorrow you shall have everything you need. I assume you already know how to put the appropriate tags inside of the train-car config, so I won't send that.

I'm looking forward to this. Just keep in mind that my textures have the destination on a long-row type of background, not individual squares because I'm using a font made by a friend, so it works better typing it out than adjusting each letter (which takes longer and can get sloppy).

Cool! I'll PM you as soon as I can for me contact info. If you really like me to be part of the BDC/NYCTA Development team, I be happy to.

Plus, regarding the textures, I think here's a tip to get u running fast (my babe and I do this all the time), In the 'textures' container of your DestSign Textures, notice that you see the boolean numbers starting from 0 to the last number (in which is connected to children of the "extensions" container preferably "destsigns". Surely you know that), In the file picker (in all boolean numbers), I do is that instead of picking the 'texture.txt' file, basically pick the image file (shown on image below):
eb9hT9A.png

Remember on the other post (in which I posted the latest of the 'modified' R142 w/DestSigns integrated), those are operated by this image as well. Thanks to Trainz's new way to just put image files in the file picker. It even works with all other destsigns as well. Yes I know it's just only 8 items I added but I have to make the textures FIRST, then I implement it into the boolean. I recommend doing it in CCP. It's easier for this WITHOUT creating every single 'texture.txt' files. IT'S A NEW RECORD!!!!!!

Last edited:
Good news my friends: the R142/A DestSigns are completed!!!

7Wvjfsm.jpg

eOSKeVh.jpg

mLvPsqf.jpg

i0CuWiU.jpg

F9ERBiC.jpg

now, I'm still waiting for a reply from alexander55. It can take DAYS from now or even weeks!!!! His last activity was back from a year ago!!! I don't know if I should or not. Anyway, Now that my laundry is in the trunk, I may have to remake some textures on the train itself. I might even add attachment points (such as drivermesh, interior, etc.). Bear with me guys, I'm just being patient here.

Hey guys, haven't been on the forum in ages so sorry if my info is behind. In relation to those R142 roll signs, I like how you included the 7 Train. For those who don't know, that R142's on the 7 are a reality. (I ride the 7 five days a week.) they're outfitted with 7 train station announcements and 7 train route maps. (The ones that light up like on the 4,5,6). It doesn't seem temporary, because the trains I ride on aren't really hand-me-downs from the other lines. The interiors are very clean (comparing the shine on the seats to older R142's, as well as the plexiglass adverts still having manufacturer's instructions). And again, the trains are personalized to the 7 Line with the 7line light up map and announcements. Just wanted to share my experience. For those who have heard the news before, I'm sorry that I'm repeating something that you've probably heard many times. For those who haven't heard the news, well there you go! 😄

Hey guys, haven't been on the forum in ages so sorry if my info is behind. In relation to those R142 roll signs, I like how you included the 7 Train. For those who don't know, that R142's on the 7 are a reality. (I ride the 7 five days a week.) they're outfitted with 7 train station announcements and 7 train route maps. (The ones that light up like on the 4,5,6). It doesn't seem temporary, because the trains I ride on aren't really hand-me-downs from the other lines. The interiors are very clean (comparing the shine on the seats to older R142's, as well as the plexiglass adverts still having manufacturer's instructions). And again, the trains are personalized to the 7 Line with the 7line light up map and announcements. Just wanted to share my experience. For those who have heard the news before, I'm sorry that I'm repeating something that you've probably heard many times. For those who haven't heard the news, well there you go! 

The trains that you have been seeing on the 7 line recently are actually the first sets of R188's. I assume The 7 line should be running the R142A conversion sets that once ran on the 6 line soon once the 30 day test on the R188 is over. Pretty identical to the R142A on the 4 and 6 lines but there are some changes on the interior as far as lighting, announcements and cab go. I notice two small differences on the exterior by the door and vestibule. I want to ride those new R188's while they are still clean, shiny and have the new train smell.

oh my, and I saw the video of the R188 is officially in service (at least for now).

for now, here's me progress thus far:
UTNlrZn.png

Also, about the Rollsigns for the R142, I MAY NOT release the model. HOWEVER I may be able to release it as a extension to the R142. Besides, those who made reskins out of it, can implement the destsign mesh to their own R142 reskin from alexander55. like reskins from user 'ThePandaTrain'.

Last edited:
@malikrthr

Thanks for the info! Upon reading the wiki article, which contains a lot more info than several years ago, I learned that these are "new" cars (I say that because the design isn't anything new, it's like a facelift of an existing model.), and conversions of R142's. It seems to just be slight changes. I really hope that the route map isn't like the one on the 456, they aren't interchangeable. (C'mon Kawasaki, the R143/160 has those LED route maps, stop with the old tech.) I'm just happy that the 7 is finally getting somewhat new trains. One peeve of mine is that the MTA should really look into folding-seat trains like in Japan. 'A' Division trains are pretty narrow, and during rush hour, people sitting take up quite an amount of room; trains get to the point where doors struggle to close. Well, I'm rambling now, thanks again! P.s. I was really hoping for the R188's would be a new design that I could drool over. :(

@mikey186

Yeah... Just searched the R179. C'mon MTA... They're apparently just updated R160's with a new front (or not) and updated interiors. I can't really blame the MTA for choosing similar designs from Bombardier and Kawasaki. I mean, R33's, R36's, R38's, R32's, and R30's all follow a very similar design. What I want to see is the accordion-style trains (similar to Berlin) that the MTA is apparently looking into. Those aren't a bad idea. :)

Last edited:
@NTrainR160

The R188 does have that one route map, just like the other R142/A models. They don't need other route maps because the R188's were only for the 7 line

I'm just mentioning. Sometimes, 2 trains would be using trains from the 6, leaving conductors to make announcements , instead of the assigned map+ announcements,which can confuse some riders. Just because R188's are designated to just the 7 line, doesn't mean they won't run on others. It would be less of a hassle for the MTA to change trains to different routes. But... As it is known with the MTA, efficiency isn't really their strong suit.

That's kinda my point, this slight change would make trains more interchangeable. But, I mean, this is tech on the trains from the late 1990's- early 2000's. It would be a nice update. Meh. Just my slight nags, being a daily rider. I could have a list of things that could improve trains. But instead, the MTA seems to focus on other things, like using money on adverts to tell us how they're using our money... And apparently making the system "more efficient".

Back