NYCTA! pics!

You don't need to position if you have the R142A font. I just cut out all of the squares and make it one blank page; it makes it easier to type out the routings. I already have a complete set of R142A texture fonts for BStyles' trains. @Mikey: If you're doing the animated side signs, there needs to be a provision where the diamond or bullet in the font also changes---add that to your mesh.

There's a post somewhere on NYCTF with the complete list of R142A signs. @Mikey: Post your pictures and such on the BDC Projects website--after you register.

-A :wave:

Thanks for the tip! I'll make the Signage pack first, then I'll intergrate with the R142.

Also, I think it'll be ok, HOWEVER I will NOT upload to the DLS. Because users in the past say there's too much polys on the asset. I'll upload on my website. But also, there's no email in the assets 'contact-email'.

ITS A NEW RECORD!!!!

You said you needed what the sign says and i helped you out with that

(1): South Ferry | Broadway LCL
(2): Flatbush Av | 7 Av EXP | Eastern Pkwy LCL
(3): New Lots Av | 7 Av EXP | Eastern Pkwy LCL
(4): Utica Av | Lexington Av EXP | Eastern Pkwy EXP
(5): Flatbush Av | Lexignton Av EXP | Eastern Pkwy EXP
(6): Brooklyn Bridge | Lexington Av LCL | Pelham LCL
(7): Flushing-Main St | Flushing LCL
These are all Soutern Bound signage.

(1): Van Cortlandt Pk | Broadway LCL
(2): Wakefield-241 St | 7 Av EXP | Bronx LCL
(3): Harlem-148 St | Bway-7 Av Express
(4): Woodlawn | Lexington Av EXP | Eastern Pkwy EXP
(5): Eastchester-Dyre Av | Lexington Av EXP | Bronx LCL
(6): Pelham Bay Park | Lexington Av LCL | Pelham LCL
(7): Times Sq-42 St | Flushing LCL
Northern Bound signage

<6>: Pelham Bay Park | Lexington Av LCL | Pelham EXP
<6>: Brooklyn Bridge | Lexington Av LCL | Pelham EXP
<7>: Flushing-Main St | Flushing EXP
<7>: Times Sq-42 St | Flushing EXP

You did this already?

For the last time---yes he did that already.

@Mikey: Dunno how proficient you are in 3DS or whichever program you use, but I suspect there is a way or a tool within those powerful engines to help significantly reduce the poly count. I'm not sure on what or where because those programs are beyond my grasp currently.

I wasted my time doing all of that then. -___-
Why would you ask to know what the side signs says then???
Not to mention that the list of what the signs would say were correct.

Last edited:
NOW NOW, you 2! let's not start a little 'troll' fight here.

Anyway, I have now the animations COMPLETED!!! At first, I have NO IDEA how to animate with Blender, but now I done it!!!
again, this is temporary fictional
2YbqE6o.jpg

J6t6sxV.jpg

7PPLNCl.jpg

Now all I have to do is make the texture pack + script = R142 w/changeable DestSigns (and animated!!!).

To acelejade: I use Blender for all the marvels. But I cannot be able to reduce the polys without his source file. Besides, I DO NOT know his email (even inside the config file).

@Mikey: Check your inbox either tonight or tomorrow because I will send you a full texture pack with the R142A signs. These ones I completed earlier this year, and they're gathering dust while we wait for other NTTs to be released. Also, on your thread at the BDC Forums, I published a full listing of all possible signs for the train car. I need to learn Blender or 3DS Max really soon, because as more content becomes necessary for our projects, my skills need to be expanded also.

Also, have you tried creating your own subway car in Blender or Sketchup? If you are proficient enough in either program, I'm sure you could make a great-looking one with a fraction of the polys.

Great work!

@Mikey: Check your inbox either tonight or tomorrow because I will send you a full texture pack with the R142A signs. These ones I completed earlier this year, and they're gathering dust while we wait for other NTTs to be released. Also, on your thread at the BDC Forums, I published a full listing of all possible signs for the train car. I need to learn Blender or 3DS Max really soon, because as more content becomes necessary for our projects, my skills need to be expanded also.

Also, have you tried creating your own subway car in Blender or Sketchup? If you are proficient enough in either program, I'm sure you could make a great-looking one with a fraction of the polys.

Great work!

No worries. If you are sending it from here, I will have an email notification. Don't worry. If you want to send it now, that's fine. and I thought I was making the texture pack. Oh well.

Also, need lessons? I'm the one to help! I may have attempted before on the Hyundai-Rotem train car. But other locomotives are too complex for me. The attachments and animations are easy as 1, 2, 3! If you have AIM, Skype, Twitter, or Facebook, send me a PM along with the signs as well. I would be happy to help you (and BStyles) with the objects.

@Jeff: It's built into TS12. Here's the name and KUID:

"mc Display Custom HUD V2" <kuid2:61392:1070:1> The author is pguy.

You can add it to your session by clicking on the "piece of paper" icon in Surveyor which is "Edit Session Rules" scroll down to the name and hit add. Then save your route, enter driver, and you're all set to go.

By the way, is there any word on fixing the scripting issue with your rolling stock regarding the roll signs? I'd like to use some of your cars on my route, but no use if the signs don't change.

By the way, is there any word on fixing the scripting issue with your rolling stock regarding the roll signs? I'd like to use some of your cars on my route, but no use if the signs don't change.

what issue? the script was NOT implemented YET. First, I have to make the texture pack. besides, the layout of the template is different than the ones u made.

Back