USA Pics

rolling on unknown place on "anywhere ohio"
kamran_20120209_0041.jpg

kamran_20120209_0039.jpg

kamran_20120209_0033.jpg

kamran_20120209_0034.jpg

Ah, this is better. Added the catenary and replaced the floodlights. I needed to replace the modern intermodal industry that MSGSapper had here due to it's overhead lifts, they really weren't a good idea with catenary. :)

:cool: You have to place "spacer" cars(empty flat cars) between the catenary at both ends of the gantry...

On the other hand I believe that the trailers back in the days of New Haven electrics were loaded and unloaded "circus style," with ramps placed between cars.

The invention of the twin-trailer cars brought ramps installed on the cars.

You pulled up absolutely straight in front of the ramp and placed your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, backing up if you needed to turn the wheel more than 1/4 either way, you were over-correcting and had to pull forward a little to straighten things up.

Usually you did not have to back more than ten cars anyway, before they were switched-out.

Hallo normhart,

its very nice to see another electrified US – RR is comes up in trainz. Yes – the New-Haven operated also a quite large electrified RR-section.
I am not sure in which time they decided to change over to diesel. May be there is still a mainline under trolley wire between New York and Boston, but I am not sure about this.

BTW – did you create the nice electrics by yourself? I guess the small pantograph was used for the tunnel sections in New York – right?
Keep up your great work.

Your’s TUME

:)

All the Electrics are by Pweiser, I wish I had that kind of talent.

:cool: You have to place "spacer" cars(empty flat cars) between the catenary at both ends of the gantry...

On the other hand I believe that the trailers back in the days of New Haven electrics were loaded and unloaded "circus style," with ramps placed between cars.

The invention of the twin-trailer cars brought ramps installed on the cars.

You pulled up absolutely straight in front of the ramp and placed your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, backing up if you needed to turn the wheel more than 1/4 either way, you were over-correcting and had to pull forward a little to straighten things up.

Usually you did not have to back more than ten cars anyway, before they were switched-out.

Yes, I managed, in a hasty search, to find two pictures of 30's-50's piggyback operations. One showed the type of operation you are talking about where several rail sidings butted up to a loading dock and ramps allowed the truck driver to back down the line of railcars, hook up, and haul the trailer off the flatcars (SP L.A. station). The second showed a heavy duty forklift with a adapter on the forks shaped somewhat like this I----I which had canvas straps hanging down with angle iron at the ends. The angle irons were hooked under the trailers and the trailer was lifted from the car and placed on the ground, somewhat like what I modeled (the picture did not identify location). I justify my rendition as being in a location where either there was not sufficent traffic or enough room to allow the building of a dock and sidings but too much traffic to use a single siding with dock. (no prototype documentation)

Edit: HP-Trainz has a really excellent animated modern version of this in their Marias Pass Approach Route, BTW. HP Intermodal hub - kuid:46162:250831

normhart201202100000.jpg

Last edited:
omg! the dash 8 wait is killing me i even tried to learn gmax ended banging my head on my desk but thats beside the point! long live Standard cabs!

@sportsguy those were available at Megaupload, but Stupid PIPA and SOPA Closed down the hosting site
If you want it make a protest against those bills or simply email to some member to get it

CSX Geeps on the NEC. Awkward much?

Owing to track work on CSX Transportation, a pair of the company's GP38-2s lead a rare daytime freight along Amtrak's Northeast Corridor. Yeah, I know Norfolk Southern uses the NEC at night for freight usage. But, CSX Transportation on the NEC in the section where NS operates it?! :eek:
peremarquette1225fan201.jpg

Secondary Pantographs

Hallo normhart,

its very nice to see another electrified US – RR is comes up in trainz. Yes – the New-Haven operated also a quite large electrified RR-section.
I am not sure in which time they decided to change over to diesel. May be there is still a mainline under trolley wire between New York and Boston, but I am not sure about this.

BTW – did you create the nice electrics by yourself? I guess the small pantograph was used for the tunnel sections in New York – right?
Keep up your great work.

Your’s TUME

:)

Ref the two boxcabs in the screenshot, I'm the guilty party. For running into Grand Central, New Haven electrics used third-rail at 600 vDC with truck-mounted contact shoes. However, the trackwork is so complex in places that it's physically impossible to have continuous third rail, so energized rails are mounted above the tracks there and the miniature DC pantograph contacts them while the main 11 KvAC pantographs are down. Since these two models (EP-1 and EP-2) were originally passenger locomotives, they have DC capability including the mini-pantographs; freight locomotives like the EF-1 and EF-3 do not, though EF-3s were fitted with train heating boilers for passenger runs elsewhere.

Back