USA Pics

Amazing work there Steve! That is splendid! You can never have enough IC&E! Kimo, I am fascinated on how you made that layout look as if it were a real train table in a real room. How did you accomplish such an amazing work of art? The idea of that is beyond any of that I think any of us trainzers besides oknotsen has come up with. Just amazing is all I can say!

59c9f5daa59e1109e4937ece2ef518d8.jpg

d5aa30134f27d5970f55abdccf547ea9.jpg

d95d4a65fad08f2b46991c456165682c.jpg

A reply to some questions asked:

Version- TS 10
Track- TSM WWL SK 3 and 14

Fantastic work there Kimo!! Judging by the quantity of comments, you've blown everyone away! If I may ask, what are the background/sky splines you used on that layout?

Edit: While I'm thinking about it... You mentioned ground texture splines to help make the rounded curves. Any chance you would be willing to share the names/kuids of those as well? I've found a couple for covering up tunnel holes, but they're bright green and not very realistic. Yours look just like ground textures!

Background- Railroad Background Spline.
d fon 7 and 11
Ground texture splines- JJS Dirt Road 8
CL Wall Dock 02

be55281231173d795a62197f2da239ff.jpg
a4e3b3dd59e17dd9733fd7f64c81a5f5.jpg
0b84487609d23a2d4ea9774f050dfd1c.jpg
6aacf53ee0b5116ddcbf26f3525eb15c.jpg

The layout as far as I'm concerned is finished and probably wont be released. It was a practice route that was made up to see how far I could go with it so it probably has a lot of errors or missing dependencies. It was also created on a 6 year old Pentium Dual-core and can barely handle this much detail, so I'm not really satisfied with it. I'm waiting the arrival of a new computer any day now and I will create another one.

Another scrapped project.

61ba53f69b6c9002baf824797ea5231e.jpg
487141d973bd5cc1cb25962e452c165a.jpg

Thanks again for the comments. I'm glad to have inspired some of you. I didn't think a virtual model railroad would have gotten this much attention. Hope I can still do this in A New Era:cool:

And those maquete tables? Where did you get them or what is their name ? Cheers, JP

Note: For sure that I'll make a scenario with these caracteristics. Thanks for the inspiration ... !!! JP

Last edited:
Very nice work Kimo but i would imagine you now have half the Trainz Community busily downloaded those items you listed and trying their hardest to copy your work mate :hehe:. Well done mate i'm quite envious of your ability to turn this game on its head with your techniques.
Cheers Mick.:)

The layout as far as I'm concerned is finished and probably wont be released. It was a practice route that was made up to see how far I could go with it so it probably has a lot of errors or missing dependencies. It was also created on a 6 year old Pentium Dual-core and can barely handle this much detail, so I'm not really satisfied with it. I'm waiting the arrival of a new computer any day now and I will create another one.
I hope you do finish and up load one of these one day Kimo as be buggered if i know how you did it LOL, Missing Deps isnt a concern for me but how you actually got it all to look that good is sumthing i'd like to learn so yeah if you decide to finish on sumtime i'll certainly be downloading it.

I hope you do finish and up load one of these one day Kimo as be buggered if i know how you did it LOL, Missing Deps isnt a concern for me but how you actually got it all to look that good is sumthing i'd like to learn so yeah if you decide to finish on sumtime i'll certainly be downloading it.

I second that too, defiantly looks interesting and am wondering how you got it look like a model railway board Kimo.

I'll forth that. What you have there, Kimo, is a work of art. Doesn't matter if it's missing a couple of deps, if I wanted a missing-dependency-free route I'd go on the DLS and get UMR.

And those maquete tables? Where did you get them or what is their name ? Cheers, JP
Note: For sure that I'll make a scenario with these caracteristics. Thanks for the inspiration ... !!! JP

Not sure what you mean by maquete tables?

Very nice work Kimo but i would imagine you now have half the Trainz Community busily downloaded those items you listed and trying their hardest to copy your work mate :hehe:. Well done mate i'm quite envious of your ability to turn this game on its head with your techniques.

Thanks. If I ever learn to reskin and create content... Whoa!

Sorry to quote the picture but if you don't mind me asking, where is the tank car from?

UTLX 40 tank car on DLS.

I'll work on releasing the route.

Started a new thread called Model railroadz so I dont clutter up anymore space in this thread on this subject.

Last edited:
LK&R SD60M's #8184 and #8160 idle away at the NARM Willamette Shops, while near the paint booth the rest of the first order of SD60M's idle away as they await shipment.

ea6a05b507be01737e399333e2ae54aa.jpg

564179ddf2d22d9b8c306a7e3dfb9917.jpg

Back