East Kentucky

JUST AROUND THE CORNER....

I have always liked the way the Jet graphics engine handles perspective, and although it is pretty simple this screenie is one of my favourites.

A loaded coal train from Tilford #2 on the Blair Fork Spur drifts downgrade past a cut of empties waiting at Tilford #1......

lwood50anf0.jpg

To keep the size reasonable I have cropped the image above from the original. The bigger version does look better, here's a linked thumbnail for anybody up to it...

-------------------------------------------------------

Oh - and I am pleased to announce that, like the train in the pic, the public release of EK2 is just around the corner.

Watch this space...... :)

Last edited:
Oh - and I am pleased to announce that, like the train in the pic, the public release of EK2 is just around the corner.

Watch this space...... :)

Well Andy.....let's just say there is another space elsewhere that I'm watchin' ;) .....(nice readme file!!)

I think I do speak for many about the anticipation factor of EK2.

Cheers,
Simon

well needed...

:cool: Thanks Andy...

I needed to see someone actually continuing on with the game!

I'm listening to original Bluegrass music, from the region you model...

From WMNF 88.5 Tampa, FL USA

I have been upon other routes, getting ready for your new release!

Last edited:
@ dermmy it looks very good dit you put indstry in EK 2
(stations are nice)

EK 1 is still fun one a week.

Maartentje

@ dermmy it looks very good dit you put indstry in EK 2 (stations are nice) Maartentje

Thanks Maartentje - EK2 contains several coal mines, but the branch has no passenger stations except one at Slemp which I have tried to model in a disused state. It featured in several screenies including my signature picture.

@ Boc - Thanks!

Andy :)

EK1

@Dermmy - Just installed EK1 and it works flaulessly. See you are running L&N and CRX. Is/was there a local line during that era?

Can't wait for EK2 - Very nice work

Jack:D

Just visited your web site/found the rolling stock/loco's info. Gees, It doesn't pay to get up sometimes.

Last edited:
OT - Sorry about the state of my web site. It was originally done with M$ FrontPage which point blank refuses to install on my new machine and attempting to edit with another program played havoc with the graphics. I will get it fixed 'soon' (tm)!

@Jack 'Local Line?' - Not sure what you are asking...

@titaniclover - a series of self-contained route/scenario/content disks Auran are proposing.

@dermmy

was looking at the screenies and wanted to know what you where using, but found your website downloads. Can use them. Sorry for the misleading statement

Jack

First screenie from EK3 - the Hazard/Lotts Creek Branch boards have been pruned from the Master Dem and are successfully merged onto the Western end of EK2.

Here we go again....

haz001pp1.jpg

Yeah, I know - it's juust DEM/HOG with nuthin' on it...

haz002ca9.jpg

... but there's something about it I really like.....

Just south of Hazard KY.

andy :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Crickey - 3 months and no posts! Back from a bout of surveyor burn-out and back on EK3 after fiddling around with a couple of other things that aren't working out...

ek3_01.jpg

Westbound L&N empties pass the eastern outskirts of Hazard KY.

Last edited:
Back