philskene

The UP Big Blow:

BigBlow_01.jpg

BigBlow_02.jpg

BigBlow_03.jpg

BigBlow_04.jpg

BigBlow_05.jpg

BigBlow_06.jpg

Locomotive by CloakedGhost (many thanks!); the route is IndustRail 1a.

Last edited:
1) It's on the DLS (Search username "cloakedghost275")

2) So, are you going to make a session for it now that it's gone freeware, Phil? :D

Without wishing to hijack your thread Phil (which is EXACTLY what I'm doing!) I thought I'd share some screenies of my experiments with the Big Blower on your new Industrail layout. The first few were taken of it hauling a load of around 15,500 tonnes. She got up to 27 mph before she hit the ramp and then it fell to 16 mph. On the downhill she hit 30 mph.

If you know your layout well enough you can get some concept of the length of this thing; the caboose was just passing Invercargill when these were taken!

I then abandonned this session and reduced the train to 4,300 something tonnes. She ran at up 52 mph quite comfortably. The shots were taken from the caboose (coz I'm a caboose dinosaur and still use them!)

I wouldn't wanna shunt with this baby; she's slow to wind up.

Cheers

Nix

I wouldn't wanna shunt with this baby; she's slow to wind up.

...Which is why I can't see them being used for shunting. :hehe:

BTW, who could imagine a shunter that big? :eek:

Thanks Philskene...

8) ...for your participation in uploading this motive power to the Download Station, where it will be forever.

Ferrous, you 'Bama red-of-the-neck, iron-horse doctor! Have you forgotten?

Bigger is better!

Hey Nix --

Now you make sure to look after that there turbine !~! Remember it's just on loan to us for awhile.

The unit is rated at 8,500HP, but at sea level the gas turbine itself will produce 10,000HP. That climb up to the Steel Mill upper level is the ruling grade, almost 3%, and if you're trying to put 10,000HP through twelve traction motors rated at only 8,500HP for any period of time you will probably end up with commutator flash overs. UP will not be too pleased if we return it to them with burnt out motors. They'll want us to pay for any damage, and there goes IndustRail's profits for a whole year.

Phil

Last edited:
1) It's on the DLS (Search username "cloakedghost275")

2) So, are you going to make a session for it now that it's gone freeware, Phil? :D
What should I do if the download station writes: "The specified content Can not Be Viewed from this area?

Back