Australian screenshots

Quick question for my fellow trainzers Down Under,
I'm thinking about turning the Healsville route included in TANE that is now in TRS19 into Yarra Valley Railway, only if it was extended all the way to the end of the line. The problem is that I need help finding models of the VR J class, specifically oil-burning J541 and coal-burning J516, and also the two VR Y class diesels they have, Y109 and Y135. I've got the T class and W class diesels taken care of from content from the DLS and also rail motors from the DLS.
The only J class we have is on the DLS. Matruck may be able to assist with the Y class diesel.
Graeme

Pretty sure Tommy ( Lesley ) is redoing the poor old Y Class and will release them when ready I'd imagine, I only have a couple of the versions he reskinned off my mesh that tom fixed up I think it was and if I knew how to make my own website I'd of had them published ages ago as they aren't really what I'd call ready to go on the DLS. So maybe check out the Australian Trainz Division site and ask Tom or the kind folk there what is happening with them as I haven't seen Tom around here for bit now.
Nice pic Dermmy be buggered if I can work out why that showing is like that each time I try to render that silo to texture lol.
Mick.:)

Last edited:
Thanks Mick
At the very least the VR ones and bogies are available here https://web.archive.org/web/20160817005249/http://australiantrainzdivision.weebly.com/y-class.html

Kiama
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Thanks for that Graeme pretty sure David ( Trainzfan2017 ) did sum too they were the rare one's I should of kept sum where safe although maybe it was the 49 Class he reskinned. Nice work on your route too Graeme it is slowly coming together mate.
Mick.

...Nice pic Dermmy be buggered if I can work out why that showing is like that each time I try to render that silo to texture lol.
Mick.:)

If you mean the brilliant weathering down the side, I thought that represented hours of painstaking work!!

Thankyou Graeme, I've been looking for those!!

Last edited:
Roy

The Cronulla Branch was completely duplicated in 2010, our map set late 90's to 2001 and the we have featured the original double track from Gymea to Caringbah. It is correct for the era chosen.
T and S/R sets were the prominent trains used in this era with rare K set deputising.

Can I ask, what catenary you use for the trams? We are looking for a good asset for the National Park line.

Thanks for the feedback Aaron. I lived in the area from 1970 - 2003, so I got to see the progress over that period.

Catenary for trams? There's nothing much around for Sydney Trams. I haven't actually found something close yet. I'm still working on a tram catenary spline myself, that resembles what was used back then. I'm trying to integrate better poles and connectors. What I've set up for the Sydney Harbour Bridge will also need to be done again - I'm just not happy with it.

If a miracle happens, then I'll post it here.

Cheers mate,
Roy

I'll have to do some more homework on it yet.

Nice screenshots everyone, Graeme that route is looking spectacular :)

Pacific National steel train 5MW2 is seen approaching Junee with 9321 LDP005 and TT126.
unknown.png

Cheers, Ryan.

After taking water and turning the loco at Esk (due to lack of turning facilities at Toogoolawah)...

And at Toogoolawah after arrival and stowing the coaches in the loop, 1015 is standing beside the goods shed.

On the return in the late afternoon - loco and train shunted into the angle out of the way for the revenue-earning traffic at Esk. Passengers have probably found their way across the yard to the watering hole for some liquid refreshments...

Know how you feel Had a Dem with the old Rail line marked but over the years the roads had changed so much can be very hard

Tom

Thanks Roy.
2000 is the target year, although Google Earth views were frequently newer. Every effort was made to keep to the script, but it's an approximation at best. Impressionism in Trainz

Graeme

Quick question for my fellow trainzers Down Under,
I'm thinking about turning the Healsville route included in TANE that is now in TRS19 into Yarra Valley Railway, only if it was extended all the way to the end of the line. The problem is that I need help finding models of the VR J class, specifically oil-burning J541 and coal-burning J516, and also the two VR Y class diesels they have, Y109 and Y135. I've got the T class and W class diesels taken care of from content from the DLS and also rail motors from the DLS.

There are both Oil Burning and Coal Burning J Classes under the username "Billegulla" on the DLS.

Jamie

Sounds like a great idea been running the rail cars on the original myself.

Tom

[IMG said:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by jordon412 Quick question for my fellow trainzers Down Under,

I'm thinking about turning the Healsville route included in TANE that is now in TRS19 into Yarra Valley Railway, only if it was extended all the way to the end of the line. The problem is that I need help finding models of the VR J class, specifically oil-burning J541 and coal-burning J516, and also the two VR Y class diesels they have, Y109 and Y135. I've got the T class and W class diesels taken care of from content from the DLS and also rail motors from the DLS.;1881993

]There are both Oil Burning and Coal Burning J Classes under the username "Billegulla" on the DLS.

Jamie

Thanks for that Graeme pretty sure David ( Trainzfan2017 ) did sum too they were the rare one's I should of kept sum where safe although maybe it was the 49 Class he reskinned. Nice work on your route too Graeme it is slowly coming together mate.
Mick.

Yeah I reskinned your Y into various liveries and Tom did fix them up a bit.
The 49's I also did as well.

Some changes have been happening behind the scenes with Austrainz, more information will be announced soon.

Bit of an update for the Trainz community, the Austrainz group name/website/FB page has been retired and it's various members are moving on to other groups/interests (still within Trainz).
I personally don't get as much time nor motivation as I used to to create content which led to that decision. Going forward, all of my future content (if there is any) will be released to the DLS under my username 'lesley' and my independent banner of 'Pelham Workshops', and all of my previously released content is available now from that domain. As always, I'll update here and on the forums when something is being released.
I have started to re-release my S2 X Class's, the VR and early V/Line variants are available now :)
The VR Y Class rebuild is still on my to-do list for sometime in the future, but who knows!

xs2vline.jpg

TrainzWest is back, the content is better than ever, and our new site is coming soon!

We acknowledge and respect the owner's decision to retire the AusTrainz name, and doing so, we wish him the best with his future endeavours in and outside the hobby.

6 AusTrainz creators (out of the main 9), will move to operate under the TrainzWest brand, and TrainzEast and TrainzSouth subsidiaries, continuing to ensure that high-quality Trainz content is built for the community, without the pricetag.

The TrainzEast and TrainzSouth brands have been established to cover content from Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania.
Please note that the TrainzEast and TrainzSouth brands will not have their own websites, but will be located at https://www.trainzwest.com/ under their own categories.

We are thankful for the privilege to work and learn with other great creators under the AusTrainz name.

While AusTrainz may be gone, high-quality Australian Trainz content is certainly not, and along with HotBox content, Queensland Trainz, ZecRail, and Pelham Workshops, we will ensure it continues as far into the future as possible.

For future updates and to know when the new site goes live, follow our Facebook Page here, subscribe through our website, or join our Discord server here.

Thank you.
The TrainzWest Team.

225820175_2942727199320050_4015297553610396386_n.png

Back