Australian screenshots

That's an impressive shot sir. I only wish I could do as well.
Here's some of the Narrow Gauge:
trainboi1_20130901_0025_by_trainboi-d6kjaaq.jpg

#11 sits next by the remodeled station.
trainboi1_20130901_0003_by_trainboi-d6kitvt.jpg

Crossing the first trestle, barely out of town.
trainboi1_20130901_0011_by_trainboi-d6kiu55.jpg

Rounding a sharp bend, climbing slightly to cross the river's even tighter turn.
trainboi1_20130901_0020_by_trainboi-d6kiuhl.jpg

Heading up a dry riverbed on a moderate grade.

Jamie,

Trackwork looking good there mate. I see the same number gremlins got to your 422's as well. :)
I'll have to check mine again.

Dan.

Hay Mick hows your Dash 8's coming on
LOL they are about number 8977 on the to do job list Dave, But i should at least finish off the ore hoppers for you to use behind those loco's ya have there mate.
Cheers Mick.

At Trainboi, does your 2'6" railway represent a real now closed railway? Puffing Billy excepted of course.

As a self-described "Victorian Narrow Gauge Connoisseur" :)hehe:) I am obliged to say no, though its more than likely inspired by one. I don't recognise that track plan from four NG/BG stations and he did mention that it was
Just a fun little junction. 5 boards so far.

Cheers
Stevo

Too many other NSW/VR/QR/WA/SA thing's i wanna try and get out the door first Dave lol plus i want to make a good WA based iron ore route to run the iron ore stuff on but i'll try and move it up the list for you mate.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Thats all I can ask :)
Too many other NSW/VR/QR/WA/SA thing's i wanna try and get out the door first Dave lol plus i want to make a good WA based iron ore route to run the iron ore stuff on but i'll try and move it up the list for you mate.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Red

icon1.png

At Trainboi, does your 2'6" railway represent a real now closed railway? Puffing Billy excepted of course.​

Don't knock it. It is good to see some interest in the VR narrow gauge division. Of the four candidates it could almost be Wangaratta to Whitfield, very much a level country route.

Some details. 30 miles long, rising 330 feet with a ruling grade of 1 in 80. I'v driven beside the route and would have been open country, may gums and gravel roads. 15 stations not counting the ones at each end. No tight corners really nothing to warrant a narrow gauge line. It may have been a test route to check if 30" would work.

Peter

Last edited:
G'day Trainboi, looks like you need a DG roundhouse as well! :hehe:
D'you know where I can find one? It'd be great to be able to run diesels as well...
At Trainboi, does your 2'6" railway represent a real now closed railway? Puffing Billy excepted of course.
Nah, it's freelanced. Hopefully I'll wind up with a complete narrow gauge line and a good-sized broad gauge branch connecting to it.
I've run the Wangaratta-Whitfield line already made for Trainz; it's a fine route but I'm taking it in a totally different direction at the moment. The river runs out of a gorge rather similar to that at Stringers Creek, but will have a gentler valley upstream-a Yosemite-esque wide valley good for just about anything.

Last edited:
No DG turntables available as of yet, Trainboi, but I maybe soon ;)

I've tried to build something like the stringers gorge section of the Moe - Walhalla line in trainz before but its veeeeeery difficult due to the cliffs and tightness of the line, its hard to make with the topography tools available to us.

Cheers
Stevo

My Fellow Australian's (always wanted to post that) anybody got a copy of either or both of the two AMRM issues that featured the drawings of the Pilbara dash 8 Cabs that they have easy access to and able to scan and pass on ?

Last edited:
Do you know what the issue numbers are or the years? I have a pile of AMRM's, I have one issue that's about the BHP but it only shows how to build one in HO scale, think that was one of the early 2000 issues.

Back