Australian screenshots

Thanks for the replies on the layout guys :), H222 would both those weathered NR's and grain wagons be personal reskins?

Regards

Yes mate. Most of that stuff in the screenshot is reskinned :( lol. Usually just whack em through a weathering template on photoshop. 2 minute job

Jamie

A last view of Moe. The route is pretty much complete. The major remaining issues are the trestles and the turntable/roundhouse and the minor stuff like replacing the people, fine tuning the scenery placement, and etc.

On to Wangaratta to Whitfield :)

Lovely shots Norm, especially the second and last ones. You've done a great job of renovating the route. I look forward to what you can do with the Wang to Whitfield route.
cheers,
Graeme.

roy you did it again OMG ( Drool ) after seen the youtube video you did of Circular Quay its looking great
whats the next station your working on next after yhou have done Circular Quay ..??

James

@ James: Although there are a couple of items to finish Circular Quay station, there is a lot more scenery to be completed surrounding that area that I'd like to include.

However, just to give myself a break from the scenery deal, I started full bore into Town Hall station and it's quite a headache working on two levels with three tracks on each level.
2016_07_29_013227.jpg

2016_07_29_013323.jpg

The upper level

2016_07_29_013345.jpg

And, the lower level.

Cheers,
Roy

Roy.

Can you make each level on a different "Layer" that way adjusting one would not affect the other ?
I have not used Layers my self but they do have that benefit.

NormP.

Roy.

Can you make each level on a different "Layer" that way adjusting one would not affect the other ?
I have not used Layers my self but they do have that benefit.

NormP.

@ NormP: Thanks Norm for the thought. I haven't used 'Layers' on routes myself either, so I guess I would need to discipline myself to organise what I wanted to achieve, right down to the last nut and bolt.

I tend to work on the more difficult stations first, but if I can't locate a particular asset, then I'll put it aside and start on another section, which may be easier to work on.

What I should have done in the first place was to build each station on separate baseboards (routes) by using layers; then when each was completed, merge them into the 'main' route. If they were incorrectly placed, copy and paste into where it you want it. I'll have to read up on layers again.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Hi Normhart,

you wrote,

Have you considered modernizing your track? Maybe going procedural?

I'm researching it with some 72lb/y and 80lb/y double headed rails.

So far as I can tell based on the routes in trainz there were only the two dual gauge turntables one at Moe and the other at Colac.

Colac doesn't have a DG table as it's on the BG side of the line as shown in this image, pretty sure Wangaratta had the other one.

azervich_20160729_0002_zpshdmjkbns.jpg

Hey all,

Drysdale Track layout on the Queenscliff Line,

azervich_20160729_0000_zpsxbo5tvzj.jpg

azervich_20160729_0001_zpssomhtmld.jpg

and something random

azervich_20160721_0000_zpspznllmki.jpg

Cheers.

G'day Everyone,
Town Hall station is looking good Roy! Great shots everyone keep em coming.
After a surveyor binge yesterday I have Wodonga about 90% complete. Still a few things to complete with basic detailing, need to place signals and have a couple of crossing triggers that are not working correctly.
Some shots of progress so far.
Wodonga Yard lookign southeast
97358ecc3940fc2994e6679b11d91b2e.jpg

Looking north east
67565258a94e53a361524b1030879461.jpg

Looking west
8d2d92fbb95ca0a1b510487141c02e1d.jpg

Old Coal sidings
08ac33e52dcff6b10bbbe611f5bf484d.jpg

Crossing Wodonga Creek
7e76d16d6e37bfa7a0f45fca96091e77.jpg

Murray River bridge
656a9bb57699a543ac587e34dc1f3910.jpg

Things might start to move a bit quicker now Wodonga is nearly done.
Cheers
Graeme

G'day Everyone,
Town Hall station is looking good Roy! Great shots everyone keep em coming.
After a surveyor binge yesterday I have Wodonga about 90% complete. Still a few things to complete with basic detailing, need to place signals and have a couple of crossing triggers that are not working correctly.
Some shots of progress so far.

Things might start to move a bit quicker now Wodonga is nearly done.
Cheers
Graeme

Fantastic yard shots Graeme; and particularly the Murray River Bridge. This is going to be one really nice layout. I can't wait to see the end result.
Keep it up mate. Cheers,
Roy

@ NormP: Thanks Norm for the thought. I haven't used 'Layers' on routes myself either, so I guess I would need to discipline myself to organise what I wanted to achieve, right down to the last nut and bolt.

I tend to work on the more difficult stations first, but if I can't locate a particular asset, then I'll put it aside and start on another section, which may be easier to work on.

What I should have done in the first place was to build each station on separate baseboards (routes) by using layers; then when each was completed, merge them into the 'main' route. If they were incorrectly placed, copy and paste into where it you want it. I'll have to read up on layers again.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

@ NormP: Yesterday, I took your advice, read-up a bit more on 'Layers', watched a little of 'Twitch TV' and restarted my Town Hall Station again from scratch on a separate baseboard,... this time using six layers.

What took me nearly 5 days of my time to build 'THS', it only took me 3 hours to complete the bottom level with all the detail necessary. Another couple of hours and I could see this station finished. Of course, once you have the overall picture and the assets you are going to use firmly in your mind, it is so much easier the second time around.
2016_07_30_003907.jpg

Lower level all 'boxed-up'
2016_07_30_004113.jpg

Side walls and lid removed
2016_07_30_004016.jpg

Lower level view of interior,... oops! I was too eager to tidy up - I forgot the girls in mini skirts. Aaaah well, now that I understand layers better, all animated people can have their own layer when I finish.

Cheers,
Roy

I'm researching it with some 72lb/y and 80lb/y double headed rails.

Ah, won't do me any good since all the sources say the 2'6" was 60lb. I'll just disguise the ends with bushes, sand piles, tie piles etc. I guess.
Colac doesn't have a DG table as it's on the BG side of the line as shown in this image, pretty sure Wangaratta had the other one.

Cheers.

Quite right, I am easily confused. :confused:

The Wangaratta route contains quite a lot of custom assets that are no longer available. Nothing that looks to be a showstopper near as I can tell at first pass.

All of ntesdorf's routes make extensive use of <kuid2:107048:37001:1> Creek 5m Oz, <kuid2:107048:37002:1> Creek 10m Oz, <kuid2:107048:37003:1> Creek 15m Oz assets which in TANE casts shadows and ends up looking like oddly textured roads. Attempts to replace them with water founder on the fact that using those assets does not require making actual depressed creek beds. After a bit of experimenting I've hit upon carefully lowering the creek spline as much as possible to minimize shadows and lining it with grass splines.

Fortunately I'll only have to do this where the creeks are easily visible. Any suggestions for an alternative would be welcome.

Last edited:
@normhart: Your screenshots look really great. I know that detailing creeks can be a bit of a bummer sometimes, but I remember another Trainzer telling me some time ago "That no one bothers to mow the grass around bridges".

With that in mind, there is nothing wrong with having lots of bush growing around bridges, creeks and even across sections of water. This can give your waterways a more natural look.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Dusted of this old map a WIP and have been updating textures and content, as tested in the Figment Line map. These couple of screenshots are from a DEM version of the Belmont Line NSW with a working title Adamstown Via Fernleigh.

Trainz 12 Screenshot by Scott S, on Flickr
Unknown D-50 leadsa non air coal train south of Jewels towards John Darling Colliery.

Same train entering John Darling Colliery Mine.

John Darling Loco Run around .

Cheers

Ghosty

I don't know why it took me so long to get the hang of using 'Layers' - I could have saved myself so much time over the years, and maybe created more routes.

Nearly finished Town Hall Station with still some animations to add.

2016_07_30_102218.jpg

This morning I commenced on the top level, platforms, tracks, catenary, tunnel portals and end walls.
2016_07_30_205009.jpg

Three hours later, nearly completed. Stairs, internal walls, pillars, light strips, signage, seating added.
2016_07_30_205051.jpg

An internal shot picks up the items still to be done, ... Ooops,.. I haven't finished the paving on the top deck. That's one good thing about screenshots.
2016_07_30_202734.jpg

Some of the animated people line up to invade Town Hall Station.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Back