Australian screenshots

Thank goodness, I've finally got my computer up and running. Just spent the last four days reinstalling T:ANE plus about half of the routes that I've been able to salvage.
Luckily my Sydney Central Route is still 'alive' so I took a few trains out for a run to brush the cob-webs off.

2017_02_27_172853.jpg

2017_02_27_173059.jpg

2017_02_27_173214.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Some progress shots of the XPT. Memeboy has been working on the roof of the Power Car lately and its coming along nicely. Some more work to do but its looking pretty schmick at this stage.

Wow that boy can certainly texture like a pro well done Memeboy that looks amazing, Thanks for keeping us up to date Taggy.
Cheers Mick.:)

8380fe716dd03972e394a418ddb57e31.png
[/URL]

It's just on 15 years since I bought my first version of Trainz. Over all those years and through all the new versions I have been working on one route, a fictional interpretation of a rail system in Northern Tasmania that is linked to the mainland via a rail tunnel under Bass Straight (my Tasmania is only 30 kms off the Victorian coast).

My route is in modules (to allow me to be pretty detailed) - and the eastern end (Port Sorell to Devonport) is in Tane.
The passenger services to and from Melbourne use VLocity sets (and I'm very grateful to Peter Covee for creating the and Dave Fragar for upgrading them).

I HAVE A PROBLEM: From Devonport to the Bass Tunnel is in TS10. I have back numbered the Trainz-build to 3.3 (from 3.4)to get the power car and trailer into TS10.
The power car works well - BUT the trailer car won't show up in game.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some advise to how I can get the (Green and Purple) trailer car to work in TS10. I have the 3.4 file.

The screenshot (in Tane) shows a Southern Cross-Port Sorell service leaving Northdown just west of Port Sorell, location of a big theme park popular with Melbournians.

Cheers
NickE

Last edited:
Aaron: Great news about the XPT progress by memeboy, mate. I can't wait to see this one finished. It looks great.

David: Nice combo shot - keep at it mate.

I'm still in 'recovery-mode' with my computer. I didn't realise just how many thousand assets I had not stored on an external drive. Getting them back is another job. In the meantime, I pulled out of mothballs a red Tulloch 'Double-Decker' by NSWGR_46class on a small layout.

2017_03_01_165544.jpg

2017_03_01_165632.jpg

I always fancied the 'Red' - here's a restored one at Thirroul - Nice ... eh !!
Tulloch_DD_Red.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

and how are the cityrail indicator boards going?
Is it finally on the dls by any chance?

Cheers
lspd

Last edited:
I've just started to create a new fictitious route based on a HO gauge layout that I'd built 32 years ago in my basement - it took me 13 years to finish it. Fortunately, with all the features of T:ANE it shouldn't take me the same time. It'll have passenger trains running along a winding continuous circuit through both sides of all three passenger stations. I'll also run freight trains servicing three industries.

Here's a couple of screenshots taken in one area I've started to detail.

2017_03_02_191559.jpg

2017_03_02_191919.jpg

2017_03_02_192041.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

G'day everyone, just a few from me as I've been a bit time poor of late with the grandson staying with us. I've also discovered it's almost impossible to build a route one handed while trying to feed a baby :D

Crossing the Murray River bridge at Albury
447dee9866cc28fb420160d3a27fe1a0.jpg

X51 on a down Albury pass
c7ec0126bd165269329af98eeed8db0a.jpg

Passing Y163 shunting the Caltex siding between Wodonga and Albury
1ced25f12843cc4e0a4cbc929de03e27.jpg

Cheers
Graeme

Pretty sure the velocity sets only run as a either 2 or 3 cars set mued together not a 4 car set ===

Why are you trying to run them in TS10 if you have TANE
if you trying to back date them you're asking for trouble so please do not try this

Pretty sure it does state in the description and the license if you're silly enough to try and back date them do not ask for help as if you have to ask for help you do not have the skills required to achieve what you're trying to do ????:hehe:

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some advise to how I can get the (Green and Purple) trailer car to work in TS10. I have the 3.4 file.

Cheers
NickE

Pretty sure the velocity sets only run as a either 2 or 3 cars set mued together not a 4 car set ===
They run as a 3 or 6 car set and these days it's not unusual to see 2 sets of different colors running together, but here in Gipppsland its usually green and purple. cheers
Graeme

For now. In the future don't be surprised if there are 5 car Vlocity sets running around with a restaurant and first class car in there.

I don't see any features in the Vlocity cars that would make them un-backdateable? I would've thought a change of build number would've done it. More fool me

Jamie

Thank you Jamie and Dave for your replies.
I understand back-dating doesn't always work but I'm a bit frustrated that I can't get the trailer into game when I can get the drive car in. I'll keep tinkering.
(My Tasmanian route is very fictional based on a "what if the island was connected by a train tunnel" premise, so there's a fair bit of fantasy - hence the 4 car VLocity).

I'm not very confident about moving the TS10 modules into Tane - as I'm not sure how much will transfer - and I'm quite happy progressing my route building in both.
There are several modules to allow me to have a lot of detail. The aim is to create a video of activity through the entire route (one day far far away).

Thank you both for the wonderful things you have made available. Really appreciated.
Greame, loving your routes and the detail in your screen shots.
Regards
NickE

Last edited:
On a cold cloudy day we see D1 635 leading a very short car goods service from Healesville.

2017-03-05%20001755.jpg

2017-03-05%20002029.jpg

2017-03-05%20002245.jpg

2017-03-05%20002347.jpg

2017-03-05%20002605.jpg

Regards
Zec

Wonderful screenshots Zec, such a high standard.

I've been having a 'look' at Graeme's new route and I tell you what, ... this is something very special and well worth waiting for. He's still got heaps to do, so be patient and hang in there.

Two sneak-peek 'shots' ....

2017_03_03_150151.jpg

Nice Aussie textures and well balanced.
2017_03_03_222316.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Back