Page 2129 of 2144 FirstFirst ... 11291629202920792119212721282129213021312139 ... LastLast
Results 31,921 to 31,935 of 32154

Thread: Australian screenshots

G'day everyone, Some really good shots lately from all. Really enjoying seeing them.
    Almost finished in Benalla north of the Broken River.

cheers
    Graeme

Always looking good Graeme. Keep it up mate.

Been working on a new route based on a model HO gauge railroad I'd built years ago. Trainz is far easier than 'kit-bashing' or laying on your back soldering a few wires to a Pico turnout; and overall I think Trainz gives me greater satisfaction on what can be accomplished. Anyway, here's a couple of shots so far.
    Cheers,
    Roy

United States of America, Ohio, Beavercreek

Wow, Roy. You guys down there really make it tough on field goal kickers, don't you>

Bill

Nice work Roy, the new route is looking really good.
    cheers,
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by HiBaller View Post
    Wow, Roy. You guys down there really make it tough on field goal kickers, don't you>

Bill
    Hi Bill,

If you want to see tough football played, then you've got to come to Australia mate. And that goes for goal-kicking too. I was a Rugby League referee in my younger days and I've seen some really rough footie played.

Goal posts in Australia vary, depending on the code of football (i.e. Rugby League, Rugby Union, A.F.L. etc) which includes the height of the posts.
    In AFL there are five different heights ranging from 6m to 15m depending on grades for School, State-wide or Stadium level. In RL & RU they are generally 16m high on state-wide football gounds, but can have unlimited height for the major stadiums. This is to make it easier to judge goals scored.

So it's not unusual to see really high goal posts 'down-under'.

Cheers,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Nice work Roy, the new route is looking really good.
    cheers,
    Graeme
    Thanks Graeme, I appreciate your comments.

It's not set in concrete yet as I'm playing around with workable sessions. Then when I get brain-weary I'll do some more detailing.

Just as well because when I double-check each screenshot, it highlights something else I'd overlooked - like placement of fencing to track-side items. Luckily they are easy to move.

Cheers,
    Roy

United States of America, Ohio, Beavercreek

I didn't know that, Roy. I certainly appreciate that our brand of football is pretty tame when compared to rugby. It's hard to imagine how our players get hurt at all with the padding they have, but it happens. I attended a rugby match many years ago when I was in Brisbane on R&R from Vietnam. Great fun! Plenty of rabid fans, including the three RAN Petty Officers we traveled with.

Bill

Probably one of the last harry hold out's to get Tane but here it be from me. Only took me 5 hours to find where the god dam screenhot went LOL.

Cheers Mick.

Blog Entries

I spy me and Scooby in that screenshot Mick LOL

Jamie

A lot of great shots here from you guys "down under" .
    And Mick, glad to see that you have given TANE a chance, it took me several months before I got totally agree with it before I personally was satisfied .

// Erik from Sweden
    Last edited by ekankal; March 20th, 2017 at 05:04 AM.

Good to see you got TANE Mick, way to go you'll never look back.
    Just a few from me....

A80 leading a down Ettamogah container train at Wagga Wagga

Y158 shunting empty stock wagons from the saleyards to the goods yard at Benalla

A pair of 442's hauling fuel tankers between Benalla and Glenrowan

S310 and X41 with empty wheaties near Wangaratta

cheers
    Graeme

Gosh Graeme, that grass in the last shot looks good enough to lay on mate. You've done a great job.

Cheers,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Gosh Graeme, that grass in the last shot looks good enough to lay on mate. You've done a great job.

Cheers,
    Roy
    Went a bit stronger on the SSAO in manual post processing. I changed total strength to 1.000000, Base to 0.300000 and radius to 0.020000. It's grazzy grass A from JR, but the darker shadowing from the SSAO tweak gives it greater depth and the billboard trees are less see through which was the original reason for playing with SSAO.
    Cheers
    Graeme

Thanks fella's and nice work Graeme and yes Jamie that is your ugly mug along with Scoob LOL.
    Cheers Mick.

Hi guys

I'm putting feelers out there for anyone who may be able to help us out. Is there anyone who wouldn't mind setting up the sound and engine files for our XPT? I have sounds files to use but neither I nor Memeboy know how to setup a diesel train.

Here are a few shots from todays run.

ST23 is approaching Wagga Wagga.

ST23 standing at Wagga Wagga.

ST23 makes a brief stop at Benalla

Big thanks to Graeme for allowing me to test our train on his WIP Map. Looks awesome mate and I run the whole thing on the real timetable.